Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDF Exclusive : [Help] Switching to AirTel from Tata Sky
Advertisement
Hello everyone

Currently I'm using Tata Sky + HD and now I'm planning to switch to AirTel Digital TV. Can you guys please help me in taking the decision.

As you all know Tata Sky is not adding any new channel. Now I want to know does AirTel add new channel quickly?

Also I think AirTel and Tata Sky HD + boxes are quite similar. Both have similar interfaces. So I want to know whether all Tata Sky + HD features are available in AirTel such as Series Recording, etc?

Please guys tell me, would switching to AirTel from Tata Sky a wise decision? Will I miss something if I switch to AirTel?

I'll really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
(08-11-2013, 04:21 PM)Windows Fan Wrote: Hello everyone

Currently I'm using Tata Sky + HD and now I'm planning to switch to AirTel Digital TV. Can you guys please help me in taking the decision.

As you all know Tata Sky is not adding any new channel. Now I want to know does AirTel add new channel quickly?

Also I think AirTel and Tata Sky HD + boxes are quite similar. Both have similar interfaces. So I want to know whether all Tata Sky + HD features are available in AirTel such as Series Recording, etc?

Please guys tell me, would switching to AirTel from Tata Sky a wise decision? Will I miss something if I switch to AirTel?

I'll really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Good if you move to Airtel
and Airtel also adds channel slowly
Just google for Airtel v/s Tata sky
Thanks given by:
Airtel can never be better than tata sky. Tata Sky provides Actve Darshan, Actve Doordarshan, Zeetos Rewards Actve Services free but in Airtel you will not get any Actve Services free. iDarshan @ RS 25 p.m. on Airtel, Airtel all channels RS 738 p.m. RS 563 SD + RS 175 HD. Tata Sky only RS 510 p.m. Now you decide. Tata Sky's HD Picture quality much better than airtel. TS will definitely add new channels soon after it transfers totally to MPEG 4. So dont worry about that. I think its better for you to continue with your existing connection. I also took Tata Sky HD very recently.
Try and spread the message of happiness and peace everywhere:happy:
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys for your suggestions. As most of the people at all DTH forums are telling that Tata Sky is going to add more channels very soon, I think I should stick with Tata Sky atm.

PS: I miss HBO Defined and HBO Hits on Tata Sky which is the main reason behind the switch.
Thanks given by:
I too will suggest you to continue with TataSky. TS is better in each and every repect.
TataSky is in process of migrating from MPEG2 to MPEG4 ( already started). Within a year you will get free of cost replacement of your STB.
Once MPEG4 is there they wil certainly add more channels. Also, by the time ISRO can provide them more space (pending since 2 years ).
Picture quality of both TS and ADTV are comparable.
TS is more economical (that could be counted on for less no of channels for now)
TS customer care is much better.
Other charges ( replacement of parts, service visit and reactivation ) are least as compared to ADTV ( and even Dish)
SO, its of no use spending about 2000 rs for new hardware( yoyu will not get anything for your existing STB and dish ). Stay with TS for a year to be on Top!
Thanks given by:
HBO Hits and HBO Defined channels are interesting to watch because of No ad-breack in between movies. Airtel have these channels and I really enjoy watching comparing other English channels. However the problem is that almost all Channels are repeating the movies quite often which sometime getting bored after paying good amount of money to these DTH services....

Before moving to other dth, just weigh the pros and cons of the dth's and also decide what important channels you would like to have. If just one or two channels, then better you can wait or else you can change because in one year time all dth will have more channels added...
I don't believe in waiting for a revival of Tatasky. DTH'/Television is an entertainment device for our leisure time, and why to waste your time by waiting for the service provider to get their foot steady. Smile Although, TS is in the phase of gradual migration from mpeg2 to mpeg4; surely its gonna take minimum 1 year for its completion.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. I think I should stick to Tata Sky for the moment.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 314 124,410 Yesterday, 09:28 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: Channels removed/not available on Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 95 03-26-2021, 07:37 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Entertainment Home 2 added on Ch.118 nairrk 0 204 03-19-2021, 08:01 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Entertainment Home 2 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 19-03-2021 Sathish 0 74 03-19-2021, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  AirtelDigitalTV removed "Airtel Promo Home (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 19-03-2021 Sathish 0 70 03-19-2021, 05:01 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel will charge Rs.5/-pm as monthly rental for Recording service. nairrk 0 118 03-08-2021, 01:28 PM
  "Airtel Movies Home (TV)" channel Audio Parameters updated on AirtelDigitalTV DTH Services on 04-03-2021 Sathish 0 96 03-04-2021, 02:46 AM
  DTH Updates: Ishara TV added by Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 103 03-03-2021, 07:48 AM
  "Airtel Entertainment Home 1 (TV)" channel technical parameters updated on AirtelDigitalTV DTH Services on 02-03-2021 Sathish 0 113 03-02-2021, 10:37 AM
  "Airtel Entertainment Home 1 (TV)" channel technical parameters updated on AirtelDigitalTV DTH Services on 02-03-2021 Sathish 0 108 03-02-2021, 02:39 AM