Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDF Exclusive : Help me to set a new c band lnb.
Advertisement
Hello,
I m from Jharkhand. can anybody help me?
i want to take a new c band lnb and 6 feet dish- Is it good for me for watching diffrent setelites channels like HINDI MOVIES and some sports channels FTA.

2.> I have Tata Sky and dd+ antena with ku band LNB. Can i get some other setelites channel through change the LNB ku band to C band?
please help me.
Thank You.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Hi ramez1432,
Try to buy any good model Mpeg4 "DVBS2" receiver from the market. You may opt for "Solid" brand which is available in Indian markets or any other brand available in your place. Average cost of such STB may be around 2500-3000 INR.

For FTA set-up you also need to have to have a good C/ku Band Dish (6 feet would be good enough), aligned to 83*E, where you can get many Hindi & Other regional lang. C' band fta channels. I think an average cost of 6 feet dish is around 2000INR. http://www.marginprice.in Here is one site where you can find some details on dish and other products and average rate. You may go to you local area market and check for it.

And one more thing, there is no FTA sports (Indian) channels on air at the moment other than DD Sports or DD National. From a C' Band set-up you will get many regional & Hindi channels and other music FTA channels only. Here is the link to Lyngsat 83*E Channel list. You may opt for 83*E, 66*E etc, whichever suits to you, or based on your channel requirement. You may also refer to our threads and updates on IS-17 here.

I am sure, other experts in our forum will guide you and help you more on this.

Thanks.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
kya me purani dish (jo ki pehle aati thi cable wali), se mai c band ke channel dekh sakta hu ek FTA STB. Se?
Thank You.
Thanks given by:
(02-25-2012, 01:57 PM)ramez1432 Wrote: kya me purani dish (jo ki pehle aati thi cable wali), se mai c band ke channel dekh sakta hu ek FTA STB. Se?
Thank You.

Ramez is asking "Can I use an old C-band dish (used by cable operators) to view channels on FTA STB?"

Answer: Ramez, Yes you can receive C-band channels on those old dishes if they are not spoilt totally.
The condition of the dish should be usable. The mesh or solid panels of the dish may need to be changed/painted if they are worn out or rusted. Also the ribs of the dish have to be intact that is in good shape.
Many people get second-hand dishes and paint or refurbish them. The dish parts often get rusted so you have to check the dish for this.
As for FTA channels, getting an MPEG4 DVB-S2 HD satellite receiver will ensure you are well prepared for current technology.

Thanks given by:
I have Tata Sky Dish, Can any body tell me the Size[in cm] of My Dish.
I taken it on 2008.
Can i watch other setelite channel if i Change LNB KU yo C band?
Thank you.
Thanks given by:
(02-25-2012, 08:24 PM)ramez1432 Wrote: I have Tata Sky Dish, Can any body tell me the Size[in cm] of My Dish.
I taken it on 2008.
Can i watch other setelite channel if i Change LNB KU yo C band?
Thank you.

The size of old Tata Sky dish varies from 60cm to 75cm and it is round in shape.
You can receive the signals from other Ku-band satellites if the foot-print over your area is strong enough.
Examples are Insat4B (DD Direct+), NSS6 free channels from Dishtv tps, ABS1, Asiasat3S Ku-band channels.

C-band will not work on a small Ku-band dish, as the C-band signals are relatively weaker and they need atleast 120cm dish for sufficient signal gain.

Thanks given by:
Can i get thease ABS1, Asiasat3S, on my ku band lnb?

Thanks given by:
Hello,
I want to purchase an old dish antena 2nd hand @500.
that is big and good condition.
But i am confuse coz that is Reticular and transparent, and not a metal dish of C band.
Shuld i buy it or not? and can i catch channels from other set.i am confuse becoz the dish is not metal it is Reticular.
Please Help me.
Thanh You.
Thanks given by:
@Ramez,
Your multiple threads on similar issues are now merged to keep all at one place. Try to avoid creating multiple threads if its the same issue, and post on a signle thread so that you get more participation from our experts.

Answer to your query on post#7 was answered by Vinay earlier (see post#6). You can get those sat's but only ku band tps.
regards,
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
(02-25-2012, 10:41 PM)ramez1432 Wrote: Can i get these ABS1, Asiasat3S, on my ku band lnb?

You can get the ABS1 or Asiasat3S Ku-band channels.They are like TBN Asia, MiracleNet, Al Hayat and some other Russian free channels from ABS1. Some Ku-band Irani TV and Radio channels like Kerman TV, Hamoon TV, IRIB network etc from Asiasat 3S.

(02-25-2012, 10:56 PM)ramez1432 Wrote: Hello,
I want to purchase an old dish antena 2nd hand @500.
that is big and good condition.
But i am confuse coz that is Reticular and transparent, and not a metal dish of C band.
Shuld i buy it or not? and can i catch channels from other set.i am confuse becoz the dish is not metal it is Reticular.

Ramez, It seems the dish you have seen is a mesh dish antenna. That mesh is called as "Jaali" in Hindi.
Satellite channels can be received with this dish.
The performance of such mesh dishes matches with that of solid metal sheet c-band dishes.
Also note that this type of dish takes up lots of space, so consider it before buying.
Other things are the mesh has to be maintained for wear-tear due to wind/objects apart from painting etc.
If possible ask the seller to give you a demo of the performance before buying if you are unsure.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help: Asiasat 7 C Band Dish signal Failure syedsm 0 1,909 09-25-2018, 12:13 AM
Last Post: syedsm
  Help: ABS 2 75E Ku band not getting signal from yesterday muralikrishna 0 1,983 11-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Last Post: muralikrishna
  Update: YAMAL-201 + MEASAT-3 Ku-Band Signals on 100CM Dish jenius-jatt 5 4,436 10-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Last Post: jenius-jatt
  Update: Paksat-1R @ 38*East on 100CM Dish (C Band) jenius-jatt 5 3,358 04-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Last Post: jenius-jatt
  Update: Caught Sky Net package from Apstar 7 (KU Band) at 76.5 East in Bangalore Sathish 5 2,863 01-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Last Post: biswanandand
Wink General News: Some FTA Channels On Apstar 7 Ku Band ricky9932689192 8 12,018 05-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Last Post: ricky9932689192
  DTH Updates: can you help me for the multiple satellite reception snap on C band 6 feet dish... GIRI PHOTOG 3 5,946 02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Last Post: GIRI PHOTOG
  General News: 90 cm mcbs Ku Band Dish experiments biswajit.HD 6 4,361 02-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Last Post: biswanandand
  C band Interference SUIRG Signal Interference Characteristics Tool WARUNASAT 0 4,040 09-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Last Post: WARUNASAT