Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDF Exclusive : How the Package & Top up charges are deducted
Advertisement
I am pasting the copy of the message I sent to Airtel CC :

CUSTOMER ID -XXXXX
Please clarify me about how the amount is deducted from the account balance when we add and remove a channel within a month (say within 5 days). Is the full amount for the month(30 days) deducted or is it done on a prorata basis ?
For example Star Cricket HD is charged @ Rs. 40 per month. If I add this channel on 10th of a month and remove it on 15th of the same month will the amount deducted be Rs.40(30 days) or Rs.8(for 6 days).
Also clarify whether I should change package only after the period of the existing package is expired or it can be done at any time? If so how is the amount already deducted , adjusted to my account ? Please reply at your earliest

I have not yet received any reply from them till now. I came across this forum so I thought someone here can clarify this.

Thanks & Regards

Mani
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Revealing of Customer ID, Smart Cart Number and mail ID s are forbidden.
Regarding the subject matter, our experienced members will give their suggestion shortly
Thanks given by:
@gssmani - Please use normal font only when you post anything here (no need for colour/big font/block letters etc).

Channels (top up) added are valid for one month. Even if you cancel after 5 days, you will lose the money (no refund). DBR (daily burn rate) will commence after 30 days. So once you have added a channel or top up then keep same for one month even if you are not interested, as cancelling same before 30 days will not get any benefit.
Thanks for the clarification. Now 30 days starts from date of enabling the channel or does it work First day of the month till the last day of the month ? My cable TV (SCV) works in that manner only.

Also do you know how the amount gets deducted if I change the package before the term of the current package expires ? Do you lose the amount paid in advance ?

Airtel self care portal does not clearly mention any of this matter.At least they can issue a popup message when we add a package that the amount is valid for till XX date, and you will lose the amount even if you remove the package before that date.

Thank you once again

GS
Thanks given by:
The time start counts from the Day you activate the Channel and not begining of the month to end of the month. Incase you activate a channel today, then 30 days counts from today and even if you cancell the channel tomorrow, you will lose the full amount paid for the channel.

If you have taken any pack under Advance rental scheme ie money paid in advance, then you cannot change the package until its expiry and you will not get any refund even if you chose to change to a new pack.
Thanks for your clarification.

I think Airtel is hiding these information from its customers. I have extensively searched their self-care portal but it is not available anywhere.

Their CC replies to my query are so irrelevant, only show very substandard manpower

Uninformed customer can use option to "Change package" "Add Chotta pack" "Remove Chotta pack" anytime and lose money (Like me)

GS
Thanks given by:
Avoid wasting time talking to CC, instead email them with copy to Airtelpresence and (from my experience) most of the queries are replied on time.!!
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH News: Airtel Digital TV removes NFC charges; offers up to 12 months of long-term plans nairrk 4 800 03-25-2019, 05:34 PM
Last Post: mohit84
  DTH News: Different package for punjab Ramandeep singh 0 625 03-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Ramandeep singh
  Help: Charges extra? mohit84 2 880 10-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Last Post: mohit84
  Update: List of Charges / Services available on Your TV Screen nairrk 0 668 07-27-2017, 09:36 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: Airtel TV - Technician Visit Charges etc.. nairrk 0 1,222 10-04-2016, 12:11 PM
  HD Channels as base package rafeeqmanamal 1 1,399 12-29-2014, 06:21 PM
  General News: HD PACKAGE adrsh 4 2,282 09-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Last Post: adrsh
  IDF Exclusive: Base package adrsh 5 1,907 09-11-2014, 02:24 PM
  DTH News: Airtel Package - updated price nairrk 5 1,733 08-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Last Post: sam16
Question Breaking News: ADTV Increase Monthly Package Price rizram 3 1,536 02-22-2014, 07:02 PM