Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDF Exclusive : Sun HD antenna Direction
Advertisement
Hi Friends,

Need your help on setting up my New sun direct HD.
I am in bangalore there is no SunHD available, tried with various dealer for a month, but not able to get. Then finally got from my home town madurai.

I have contacted one technician and he did physical installation, but not able to get the signal. He tried in the same angle of Sundirect SD, and got the normal signal, its showing only normal channels. If i choose HD channels its showing, "NO SIGNAL".
Moreover the logo on the bottom left corner is showing same as SD "SUN DIRECT" not as "SUN DIRECT HD"

He is saying that, he want to know the antenna should face left or right and direction.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Senthil
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Whilst waiting reply from experts/other members, Please see this thread if it will be of any help to you:

http://indiandth.in/Thread-any-one-pleas...ure?page=2
thanks for the response.
I have searched the thread..but from the pictures i am not able to get an idea... i want to know sun normal and sunHD is on same direction?

Thanks given by:
Hi JSNathan,

The Sun Direct SD and HD services are not on the same satellite, but more or less in the same South-East direction. So ask your dish technician to point the antenna slightly towards Insat 4B, that is slightly to the left of Sun Direct SD direction, standing behind the dish.

Sun Direct HD gives a 90cm dish to cover both the satellites. The beams are quite strong in your place.
Thanks given by:
sun direct using INSAT 4B at 93.5°E and MEASAT-3 at 91.5°E .the distance difference there so if you want to catch both satellite signals,you must use big dish(like given by sundirect).small dishes(60cm) it will only capture single satellite.otherwise there is no issue on receiving signals.

another one choice is use separate LNB (Two LNBs) for receiving HD signals.

The above issue is rectified by our satellite experts and also solutions available here,please search with various condition.
Thanks given by:
sorry i am late,please go with vinay suggestion,he is satellite expert.thanks vinay.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mr.Vinay.
One small doubt. I bought full set of New Sundirect HD only, 90cm antenna, new settop box.

My technician, First connected HD settop box with existing setup (Sundirect SD dish) to check. It immediately said software update. I have asked him to cancel, but he didnt listened to me. Software got downloaded and updated.
This may be the reason its showing as "sundirect" logo only..not "sundirect hd" logo. Is it a normal settop box firmware?

Incase if it is a problem, please guide me to revert to the HD firmware.

Regards,
Senthil
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2012, 05:38 PM)jsnathan Wrote: One small doubt. I bought full set of New Sundirect HD only, 90cm antenna, new settop box.
My technician, First connected HD settop box with existing setup (Sundirect SD dish) to check. It immediately said software update. I have asked him to cancel, but he didnt listened to me. Software got downloaded and updated.
This may be the reason its showing as "sundirect" logo only..not "sundirect hd" logo. Is it a normal settop box firmware?
Incase if it is a problem, please guide me to revert to the HD firmware.

The Sun Direct channels have the logo embedded in the channels itself, so SD channels will have a different logo and the HD ones will have HD written. The logos do not come from the set-top box. So it is normal and it is not a problem.
Since you have said the Sun HD signals are not being received, adjusting the dish position as said above is the solution.

Thanks given by:
The software which your box got upgraded is of HD Box only. No need to worry about it.

As Vinay said Sun Direct logo is embedded in the channel itself. For SD channels it has normal Sun Direct White logo and for HD channels it has Sun Direct HD logo.

To get the HD signal along with SD Signal, you need to move the dish slightly by 2MM towards the left by standing behind the dish.

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the right info and support. I will try this and update you.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IDF Exclusive: any one please upload sun direct hd antenna picture sureshaa 25 9,355 06-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: sureshaa
  IDF Exclusive: airtel 60cm antenna support sun direct hd stb?? sureshaa 0 1,286 06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: sureshaa