Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDF Exclusive : Wanted to Buy D2H HD
Advertisement
Hi All..

Am planning to buy VD2H HD...

am using 21" LCD Monitor with Normal TV Tuner UMAX..

Can i use HD with 21" Monitor..Does it effects Clarity in watching HD Channels?

Please any one Help me...needed urgent.

Thanks in advance...
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Do you have an HDMI input in your LCD monitor? I guess you are using the VGA Out of the UMax TV tuner to view tv on the monitor.
If you are connecting the AV out of Videocon d2h HD set-top box to UMax tv tuner then you will get the channels in 640 X 480 resolution only since that is the max resolution supported by external tv boxes.

Check if your monitor has other video inputs like DVI (Digital Video Interface). In that case, you will not require UMax tv tuner too. Directly HDMI to DVI cable needs to be connected between stb and monitor. DVI is capable of supporting HD resolutions like 720p and 1080p giving crisp, clear picture quality.

[Image: IE9Ai.jpg] [Image: p1vsz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for ur Support..

am connecting Monitor blue Wire to TV Tuner and TV Tuner wire to CPU..

so that TV Tuner is Mediator for monitor and cpu.
am connecting 3pin (Red, White and Yellow) from TV Tuner to Hathway STB.

can we replace that 3pin wire to HMDI..

anyways i will check for DVI..

thanks..vinay...

One More..am using 21'' inches..one dealer has told me that above 30'' inches monitor only u can get HD experience below that SD is better..is that right?
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2012, 09:10 AM)chaitu531 Wrote: can we replace that 3pin wire to HDMI

No. The 3 pin wire cannot be replaced by HDMI. Its possible only if the TV tuner box has an HDMI input.

(08-01-2012, 09:10 AM)chaitu531 Wrote: One More..am using 21'' inches..one dealer has told me that above 30'' inches monitor only u can get HD experience below that SD is better..is that right?

No thats not right because I have seen Toshiba 24 inch LCD panels with Full HD 1920 X 1080 resolution.

That depends on the maximum resolution of your LCD monitor. Usually its 1366 X 768 HD Ready resolution for most LCD monitors. Check the max resolution of your monitor in the User manual or in Windows display settings.

Thanks given by:
all new lcd monitors (after 2010) support digital (dvi) and analog (vgi) inputs.i am not getting any idea about old lcd.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2012, 09:25 AM)vinay_kumar Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 09:10 AM)chaitu531 Wrote: can we replace that 3pin wire to HDMI

No. The 3 pin wire cannot be replaced by HDMI. Its possible only if the TV tuner box has an HDMI input.

(08-01-2012, 09:10 AM)chaitu531 Wrote: One More..am using 21'' inches..one dealer has told me that above 30'' inches monitor only u can get HD experience below that SD is better..is that right?

No thats not right because I have seen Toshiba 24 inch LCD panels with Full HD 1920 X 1080 resolution.

That depends on the maximum resolution of your LCD monitor. Usually its 1366 X 768 HD Ready resolution for most LCD monitors. Check the max resolution of your monitor in the User manual or in Windows display settings.

i think its 1440 x 900.
Thanks for info....
Thanks given by:
Ok then with 1440 X 900 resolution too, you will get a very good viewing experience Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2012, 09:53 AM)vinay_kumar Wrote: Ok then with 1440 X 900 resolution too, you will get a very good viewing experience Smile

Thanks alot vinay for ur valuable suggetions.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IDF Exclusive: Wanted USED Paparia PR-111 or PR-111E NEW 1 807 10-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Last Post: jenius-jatt