Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 1.88 Average
Kozhikode and Kannur to get BSNL 3G services from today
Advertisement
The public sector Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) will launch Third Generation (3G) mobile services from Kozhikode in Kerala on January 4.

Addressing a press conference here, General Manager Telephones C Sunitha said the project envisaged to provide 37,758 3G lines in Calicut City, suburban areas and 1,469 lines in Kalpetta in hilly Wayand District.

She said the 3G system offered enhanced services such as multimedia, high speed mobile broadband and Internet access with ability to view video footage on mobile handsets.

Underlining the 3G-enabled handset was necessary for availing the facility, she said the existing 2G/2.5G customers will be offered the services in their present mobile number and SIM card.

Both postpaid and prepaid plans were available.

The existing postpaid customers have to pay an additional Rs 25 per month for availing the services while prepaid clients can migrate to 3G services free of cost, she said.

The tariff applicable for 3G services will be General 120 Tariff available from January 7.

--UNI

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
State-owned telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) today launches 3G the third generation mobile services in the Kerala telecom circle.Presently BSNL 3G services will be available Kozhikode city, suburbs and Kalpetta and it will connect 21 towns covering all district headquarters of Kerala. With the BSNL 3G prepaid GSM mobile service users can enjoy Local Voice and Video calls at just 30 Paisa per Minute and All STD video calls will be chargeable at 50 paisa.

The 3G services allow telecom operators to offer high-speed Internet and video calls on mobile phones as well as mobile TV facility.

According to the BSNL Kerala Unit, the process of extending the services will get over by the end of this month.Currently BSNL commence the 2.55 lakh 3G lines in the Circle, including 37,758 lines in Kozhikode city and suburban areas and 1,469 lines in Kalpetta to accommodate the 3G subscribers. BSNL also erect new 100 3G base stations in Kozhikode SSA to provide the seamless 3.5G connectivity

BSNL is the only service provider to procure the license to operate 3G services in the Kerala region and the state-owned company feel this would see a shift of premium customers towards it. The operator has invested Rs.650 crore for the project in Kerala, apart from expanding the accessible 2.75 G network to wrap up more than 95% of BSNL mobile subscribers. The traffic congestion in existing 2G mobile services in the region would be removed by the launch of 3G mobile services and the up-gradation of 2G network.

Courtesy--- Telecom Talk

Thanks given by:
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), the public sector company, launched its first 3G service to mobile phone users at Malabar regions, especially in Kannur and Kozhikode districts today.

The Kannur service was launched by A P Abdullakutty, MLA, at a function held at BSNL Bhavan here.

Talking to newspersons here, Mr S S Thampi, GMT, claimed that BSNL was the only company providing this facility in the state, other mobile service providers were providing 2G service only.

He said the 3G service would be provided all over the state by the end of this month.

Initially, this service would only be availbale in Kannur town areas under the 54 base stations and later it would be extended to Kasargod under 13 base stations on January 6 and under 3 base stations at Mahe 3 from January 9, in the Kannur SSA.

This service would also be availabe in the National Highways at Taliparamba, Payyannur, Kanhangad and Thalassery muncipal areas.

Mr Vinod P Abraham, GM mobile services, said this service would be provided to post-paid and pre-paid customers having a 3G enabled handset.

''3G is the next generation of mobile communications systems and it enhances the services of multimedia with high speed mobile broadband and access to internet with the ability to view video footage. It's other facilities are video conferencing with ten persons, music downloads, online gaming and mobile TV,'' he said.

--UNI

Thanks given by:
Please can you let me know if BSNL 3g Data Card for laptop USB connectivity is available in Payyannur or not, more particularly, will it work for me in Annur.
I am coming from USA to Annur and will be connecting to work while there so need a strong internet connection especially when due to monsoon the power goes off and the main BSNL broadband will not work due to this in some ways as a backup plan.
How do I obtain this BSNL 3g Data Card if so, is there a BSNL store in Payyannur I can get this from or is it from BSNL office, how do I register for the service, is it a big process?
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I have no idea about BSNL 3G in Annur area. Please enquire in local BSNL exchange. Mr.Nair may know about this.
Thanks given by:
Thanks. Mr Nair, please can you shed some light on this for me, is there coverage for BSNL 3g Data Card for laptop in Payyanur? Since I'm in the US, cant visit local BSNL office to get this information, I'd really appreciate it if you could provide me this info and also, I am not able to get a phone number to call to get to BSNL customer service. 1800 number is not going thru from here as also the 4 digit numbers that they frequently give for BSNL. whats the best way to talk to BSNL from the US?
Thanks given by:
He'll reply to you soon.....
Thanks given by:

sorry, I was travelling last 2 days hence could not reply on time.

Yes, BSNL has got a full pledged Customer Service Centre in Payyannur. They had Data Card for Laptops but need to check if 3G data card is available. I will check on this and report.
Annur is nearby to payyannur, so you should not have any problem in getting coverage in your area.

Further to my last, Spoke to a senior person in BSNL Payyannur and can advise as under:

3G data card is available in Payyannur BSNL office but its coverage is limited within 3 to 4 kms only. Since you are going to be in Annur which is near to Payyannur exchange you will get coverage. However they are not guaranteeing the roaming coverage when you are on the move because all BSNL exchanges do not have the 3G coverage as yet. Only City area will come under this coverage.

If your requirment (internet) is only when you are in Annur (not roaming), then the best choice is to take a Broadband connection if you have a BSNL Telecphone line where you are going to stay. This broadband connection can be closed when you dont need it anymore(i.e when you move out of Annur to US, you can close the connection). I am using their broadband connection since long and have no complaint so far..!!

Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: BSNL Rs 247 Prepaid Plan: Things You Should Know nairrk 0 401 11-27-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: BSNL introduces Rs 199, Rs 798, Rs 999 postpaid plans with up to 75GB data.. nairrk 0 315 11-06-2020, 09:50 AM
  General News: BSNL gives full usage value on Rs 110 top-up in select circles for a limited period nairrk 0 217 09-26-2020, 07:34 AM
  General News: BSNL launches Rs 49 Special Tariff Voucher for prepaid users nairrk 0 213 09-10-2020, 07:17 PM
  General News: BSNL introduces new Rs. 1,499 prepaid plan: Know benefits, validity and more nairrk 0 213 08-31-2020, 03:19 PM
  General News: BSNL offering 5GB of data free to its customers nairrk 0 199 08-25-2020, 03:36 PM
  General News: BSNL launches Rs 399 recharge plan with 1GB daily data and 80 days validity nairrk 0 183 08-14-2020, 02:03 PM
  General News: Airtel launches Ultra-Fast 4G services in Andaman & Nicobar with new optic fibre Link nairrk 0 196 08-10-2020, 03:17 PM
  General News: BSNL extends 6 paise cashback till August 31, increases fixed monthly charges.. nairrk 0 225 07-28-2020, 02:12 PM
  General News: BSNL rationalises several prepaid plans to base tariff of Rs 94 and Rs 95 nairrk 0 261 07-23-2020, 03:05 PM