Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Flytouch Android 4 ICS tablet pc with 10.2 inch LCD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 8GB HDD
Advertisement
Dear friends,
I bought a 10.2 inch Flytouch Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS tablet pc with the following tech specs for Rs9900+octroi. Also see the photos and screenshots of our great IndianDTH forum.

This tablet is quite fast and no issues with any software, except some apps in the Google Playstore may not be compatible with this device.
Plays AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG Videos files, FLAC/APE/WAV Audio and picture formats JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF.
E-books and documents are also supported in WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML

Installing or upgrading apps from Google Playstore is very easy.
The Ethernet port (RJ 45 LAN) is an added plus point if needed to connect to wired broadband or office intranet Wink

2 USB ports work as USB Host and OTG (On-The-Go) port for external mouse / keyboard /printer attaching. Most tabs nowadays have mini-USB ports which again needs an adapter. So here the slots are proper USB and no need of any adapter.

The TF-Card slot reads MMC memory cards very nicely. mini-HDMI port helps connect to LCD TVs and capable of playing HD movies through the bundled Vortex player.

Well I could have gone for the much preferred capacitive touch screen, but considering that I am using an external USB 3-button scroll mouse, the touch screen type hardly matters to me.

Technical Specifications (customized configuration by me)
  • Operating System: Android 4.0 ICS
  • Processor: Vimicro VC882 1Ghz
  • Screen: 10.2" 16:9 1024 X 600 resolution LCD Touchscreen: 2 point multitouch, resistive
  • Memory: 1GB DDR2
  • Storage: 8GB
  • Card Reader: microSD up to 32GB
  • Audio: 2x speakers, mic, 3.5mm earphones jack
  • Other Ports: RJ45 LAN, mini-HDMI, 2 x USB
  • Webcam: front facing VGA (0.3 Megapixel = 640 X 480 res)
  • 3G Network: external ready
  • Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g
  • Bluetooth: supports external dongle
  • G Sensor: yes
  • GPS: included, internal
  • Battery: 4800mAh
  • Dimensions: 270mm X 170.5mm X 15mm
  • Weight: 670g
  • Accessories: GPS Antenna, 5 Volts, 2.5A Charger, stereo earphones, HDMI cable.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Some more screenshots:

Thanks given by:
Very Nice explanation with super screen shots.

What will be likely Battery power (once fully charged) in standby as well as working.?
(08-03-2012, 01:13 PM)nairrk Wrote: Very Nice explanation with super screen shots.
What will be likely Battery power (once fully charged) in standby as well as working.?

The tab works for 4 to 5 hours continuously and the charge lasts for upto 16 hours if the tab is left in standby mode. It switches off the display backlight, power to mouse etc and goes into power saving mode. Then by pressing the power switch for a second wakes it up.

In Android 4.0 ICS there is a setting to control the time for tab to go into sleep after inactivity.

One thing I noted is its better to fully charge the tab when its switched off as it gets charged faster this way...and then use it.
The charging process is a bit slower if charged while using.

Thanks given by:
(08-03-2012, 01:21 PM)vinay_kumar Wrote:
(08-03-2012, 01:13 PM)nairrk Wrote: Very Nice explanation with super screen shots.
One thing I noted is its better to fully charge the tab when its switched off as it gets charged faster this way...and then use it.
The charging process is a bit slower if charged while using.
yes,it is suitable for any electronic chargeable products especially mobiles.

Thanks vinay nice sharing.Is it possible to make it as a WiFi hotspot like laptops.any Android application available for that?

Thanks given by:
ebay listed the item at Rs.9999 all inclusive. Hope this is the same thing - please see this:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/10-inch-New-Flyto...1e70c608b1

From where did you purchase the item.?
(08-03-2012, 02:49 PM)nairrk Wrote: ebay listed the item at Rs.9999 all inclusive. Hope this is the same thing - please see this:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/10-inch-New-Flyto...1e70c608b1

From where did you purchase the item.?

Yes almost similar but the eBay one has 512 MB RAM and 1 USB and 1 miniUSB port.

I bought from www.techtoys2go.com/flytouch6 as configuration, accessories, shipping options can be chosen by us.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2012, 01:58 PM)waytobala Wrote: yes,it is suitable for any electronic chargeable products especially mobiles.

Thanks vinay nice sharing.Is it possible to make it as a WiFi hotspot like laptops.any Android application available for that?

Yes it is possible to make this work on a WiFi hotspot or share internet. Many free and pay apps are there for configuring network.

I am using right now on LAN and WiFi, planning a MiFi setup soon (2g network mobile router)

Thanks given by:
Just SIM & analog TV function not available but Good Smile I would like to go for it for GPS, 10 inch screen etc.

HDMI cable for TV out? What you think which thing you missing in the tab? Its very useful in my point of view except few things I except mentioned above.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2012, 03:52 PM)MAX Wrote: HDMI cable for TV out? What you think which thing you missing in the tab? Its very useful in my point of view except few things I except mentioned above.

Yes there is a mini HDMI port and an HDMI cable can be bought as an accessory

I am missing external USB TV tuner support the most. Other than that nothing is missed.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: WhatsApp to stop working on these Android, iOS devices: Check full list nairrk 0 266 12-17-2020, 06:02 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Microsoft is bringing Android App support to Windows 10: Report nairrk 0 311 11-30-2020, 06:43 PM
  General News: WhatsApp Disappearing Messages feature now available in India: How to use it on Android, iOS nairrk 0 294 11-24-2020, 07:20 AM
  General News: WhatsApp Beta for Android 2.20.201.4 adds Catalogue shortcut and revamped Call button nairrk 0 208 09-25-2020, 10:46 AM
  General News: Google Duo makes its debut on Android TV: Check details, how it works nairrk 0 161 09-13-2020, 06:04 PM
  General News: How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android. Step-by-Step guide nairrk 0 123 08-30-2020, 07:52 AM
  General News: Google rolls out AirDrop-like file sharing feature for Android nairrk 0 203 08-05-2020, 02:37 PM
  General News: WhatsApp beta for Android brings redesigned emojis: All you need to know nairrk 0 670 05-14-2019, 09:50 AM
  General News: WhatsApp adds 'Ignore archived chats' feature to 2.19.101 Android beta version nairrk 0 707 04-11-2019, 10:22 AM
  General News: Gmail for iOS, Android Gets New Material Theme: Everything Need to Know nairrk 0 926 02-01-2019, 09:17 AM