Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 50 Vote(s) - 2.68 Average
My New Airtel HD Recorder (Review with Pics)
Advertisement
Hi Guys

I was using SD DVR and it gave me many problems like slow loading menus and starting time is slow and still more problems.So i was waiting for Airtel to launch their HD DVR,and finally they launched it.After that i was waiting for the product to come to my city for purchase and as i know the dealer very well,i call him daily and ask when the HD DVR will come?And he brought the HD DVR to madurai.He is also telling me that i am the first to buy HD DVR in Madurai.I am not sure about it.

I bought the HD DVR on Wednesday July 13 2011.It came with HD Cable,i really don't know that HD Cable is free with that.I was happy.I waited for activation and they took one day to activate my new VC Card and new HD DVR.From yesterday 4.00pm i started getting all the channels in very good quality.HD Channels are with huge quality.I was watching Hd channels on SD DVR for some days and when i see the HD channels in real HD Quality,it was amazing.I really like the HD DVR.

The thing i feel bad about the HD DVR is,it becomes heat very soon.But not so much heat,they should have been fitted a fan for reducing heat.Nothing other than that,Everthing is fine.

And the bottomline is HD DVR is very nice and amazing with good channels and good quality.

I will show some snapshots of the HD Channels and HD Recorder.I took the photos with Sony Cybershot Full HD 12.1MP Camera.

Don't Copy the pics and post it on other forums without my permission.

[Image: 4-1.jpg]

[Image: 1-1.jpg]

[Image: 6-1.jpg]

[Image: 5-1.jpg]

[Image: 2-1.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Congratulations.!!

Nice review.

You should have watermarked the screen shots to prevent copying.

Even SD DVR comes with Free HDMI cable (I got it.!)

Existing SD DVR has in-built cooling fan which run automatically once the device cross the permissible heat level which is missing in the new HD DVR. Angry
Good Pics Pradeep.....
Enjoy your stay with Airtel.
I believe, Airtel is also having maximum tamil channels in their bouquet....
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys,I added watermark.
Thanks given by:
By the way, which pack you are in?
Is that you continuing with your existing(SD DVR) pack or you have changed it ?
Hope you have paid only Rs.3990 i.e the exchange price for the new HD DVR?

I will be also upgrading to HD DVR soon (am waiting for my existing pack validity to complete
and then think whether to go for a new pack HD DVR or continue with the same).!!
I continued with the same pack which i was using with SD DVR.I added HD Topup to watch all the HD channels.That's it.I am in South Value Plus Pack.Yes i paid Rs.3888 and exchanged SD DVR.
Thanks given by:
I too was thinking of upgrading as you did, but the service engineer from my dealer shop has different idea..

I am in South Ultra pack. 12 months Advance rental for this pack is Rs.4964 with 45days free i.e we will get this pack for 13.5 months. This will work out to Rs.368 pm. (Rs.3888 for new HD DVR i.e not taken into account here). So total, I need to pay Rs.8852 for upgrading from SDDVR to HDDVR with advance rental pack.

If we go for new connection:
According to Airtel web, the rate for HD DVR with 12 months south ultra is Rs.8100 with Rs.250 cash discount.
This works out to total payment Rs.7850 for HD DVR and 12 months S.Ultra pack. Take Rs.3888 towards the HDDVR cost which means Rs.3962 is what we pay for 12 months S.Ultra pack which works out to Rs.330 pm. By doing this, we will have the existing SDDVR and Dish with us. (I dont know what I can do with this??). This is comparison.!!

So looks New Connection is working out better, unless the above calculation proves wrong.!!
After getting HD DVR,u will not like to use SD DVR.So for me upgrade is best,becoz they take it and give the HD DVR at a discount price for Rs.3888.But you are in 12 month pack,so u think,which is best for you.
Thanks given by:
Hi Pradeep,

Nice review. Can you share the signal strength & quality which you are getting with HD DVR and the one which you were having earlier.

I find some SD channels are of less quality now after the latest launch of Star ASLI HD. Welcome your views.

Naveen

Thanks given by:
HI Pradeep,
Many congratulations!!
I upgraded to HD Recorder on 18th Of July and The picture & sound quality are too good.Smile
I want to ask you one thing ...I have doubt about the storage capacity...They are claiming 550 hr but the disk status doesnt support it.May be the HD data is consuming more space.STB is loaded with 320gb HardDisk ..Is it same with you ?
One more problem is the channels start showing error Code SM1 .. anytime and then they resolve by reseting or plugging off the main supply.
Kindly share your experaince.
Rgds
Ssomya
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 287 118,713 10-15-2020, 09:36 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: R9 TV will be removed shortly on Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 182 10-15-2020, 09:33 AM
  DTH Updates: ''Bansal News'' added by Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 178 10-15-2020, 09:28 AM
  DTH Updates: ADTV added 'Airtel Entertainment Home 3' on Ch.123 nairrk 0 402 10-02-2020, 08:05 AM
  DTH Updates: New Channel ''Airtel Korean TV'' added by ADTV nairrk 0 324 09-25-2020, 07:44 AM
  DTH Updates: Value Sports Pack from Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 318 09-22-2020, 11:17 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Test Channel 3 added on Ch.499 nairrk 0 520 09-19-2020, 09:37 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Test Channel 2 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 17-09-2020 Sathish 1 166 09-19-2020, 09:35 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Test Channel 4 added by ADTV nairrk 0 334 09-18-2020, 09:22 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Test Channel 4 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 17-09-2020 Sathish 0 121 09-17-2020, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sathish