Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics: My new original MX 467A Satellite Finder with 1 year warranty
Advertisement
Hi all,

Below are the pics of my new original MX 467A Satellite Finder with 1 year warranty worth Rs200.
This satellite finder is gifted to me by my father as New Year gift. My brother will gift me an Openbox/Skybox S12 bought directly from Shenzhen, China.

Packaging:
[Image: ZBXXA.jpg]

Foam Padding:
[Image: rIChN.jpg]

Front View:
[Image: jKbti.jpg]

Back View:
[Image: jWfbK.jpg]

"MX Original" Hologram with Warranty notice:
[Image: 3UIUi.jpg]

Instructions on the box:
[Image: bHwz8.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Cool; I wish i too get such gifts during New Years' or Birthdays... Smile My father blast at me whenever he see's new DTH's dish on my house roof... :happy:

Hi Vinay, never worked on such equipment, would love to see your experiments and its performance. Normally to track dish, I use FTA receiver and search in that particular position by moving the dish. Will this meter work on C' Band LNB's fixed on a primefocus dish? What are the other +Points using this? I believe it may give you accurate and help to peak the signal at its fullest?

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 10:24 AM)Mr.AB Wrote: Hi Vinay, never worked on such equipment, would love to see your experiments and its performance. Normally to track dish, I use FTA receiver and search in that particular position by moving the dish. Will this meter work on C' Band LNB's fixed on a primefocus dish? What are the other +Points using this? I believe it may give you accurate and help to peak the signal at its fullest?

Hi Mr.AB, This Analog Satellite Finder has the advantage that it will locate any satellite beams available at a particular position. That is no need to enter the transponder details as done in a Digital Satellite Finder/Set-Top Box. Once a beam is found, a Blind Scan will show the beam details on TV Screen.
One feature that is exclusive to this model is the 22KHz tone and H/V Polarity peak indicator LEDs, absent in normal models.

The Sat Finder is powered by the 13/18 Volts LNB Line Voltage given out by the Set-Top Box. So there is no need of batteries or mains power.
It works on all types of Prime Focus/Offset C and Ku-band dishes.

I am recording my Sat Finder experiments Video in High-Definition 1080p to post here Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I got 2 of those but different company but couldn't use them would be great Vinay bro if you can tell me how to use it. I use digital box which shows on display the signal quality in numbers so then i adjust the dish at the moment.
:happy:IF YOU LIKE THEN DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THANKS
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 10:24 AM)Mr.AB Wrote: Cool; I wish i too get such gifts during New Years' or Birthdays... Smile My father blast at me whenever he see's new DTH's dish on my house roof... :happy:

Hi Vinay, never worked on such equipment, would love to see your experiments and its performance. Normally to track dish, I use FTA receiver and search in that particular position by moving the dish. Will this meter work on C' Band LNB's fixed on a primefocus dish? What are the other +Points using this? I believe it may give you accurate and help to peak the signal at its fullest?

AB, really comic sentence and i enjoyed " I wish i too get such gifts during New Years' or Birthdays... Smile My father blast at me whenever he see's new DTH's dish on my house roof... :happy:"

vinay,
nice to see the product...... good snaps
gireesh

Gireesh Kumar
Satellite Enthusiast
Indiandth.in
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 10:24 AM)Mr.AB Wrote: Cool; I wish i too get such gifts during New Years' or Birthdays... Smile My father blast at me whenever he see's new DTH's dish on my house roof... :happy:

Same mentality here. I too wish to buy few more dth even I have dish tv & D2H. My family members will angry on me if I try to buy now more dths. They already disspointed with me cause of double dth.

I too try to find signals through moving dish & entering a specific tp & looking for same.

Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 10:40 AM)vinay_kumar Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 10:24 AM)Mr.AB Wrote: Hi Vinay, never worked on such equipment, would love to see your experiments and its performance. Normally to track dish, I use FTA receiver and search in that particular position by moving the dish. Will this meter work on C' Band LNB's fixed on a primefocus dish? What are the other +Points using this? I believe it may give you accurate and help to peak the signal at its fullest?

Hi Mr.AB, This Analog Satellite Finder has the advantage that it will locate any satellite beams available at a particular position. That is no need to enter the transponder details as done in a Digital Satellite Finder/Set-Top Box. Once a beam is found, a Blind Scan will show the beam details on TV Screen.
One feature that is exclusive to this model is the 22KHz tone and H/V Polarity peak indicator LEDs, absent in normal models.

The Sat Finder is powered by the 13/18 Volts LNB Line Voltage given out by the Set-Top Box. So there is no need of batteries or mains power.

I am recording my Sat Finder experiments Video in High-Definition 1080p to post here Big Grin

First of all... What a family! My family dont like I am mad for DTH topics. Even they thinking right about me (I dont refer ur family here about you. It seems u r sucessful person in ur life but I have to prove myself still) but I am mad for FTA & DTH. Now I come to the point. I dont think its blind scan satellite finder. Maybe its true but when a DTH installer came to install dth he arranged all the set up & connect satellite finder between dish & receiver cable. It means he had looking for specific tp. Dont know how it is possible blind scan satellite finder & its shows on tv which frequency is found.

My question is to you that what is use of that db button? How to use it?

Thanks.

Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 04:55 PM)MAX Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 10:40 AM)vinay_kumar Wrote:

First of all... What a family! My family dont like I am mad for DTH topics. Even they thinking right about me (I dont refer ur family here about you. It seems u r sucessful person in ur life but I have to prove myself still) but I am mad for FTA & DTH. Now I come to the point. I dont think its blind scan satellite finder. Maybe its true but when a DTH installer came to install dth he arranged all the set up & connect satellite finder between dish & receiver cable. It means he had looking for specific tp. Dont know how it is possible blind scan satellite finder & its shows on tv which frequency is found.

Thanks.

Max its simple.. while tracking the needle get a deflection and it will come to the maximum reading then you have to turn the knob of db then it e=will again attain zero and turn the dish minutely again it will deflect then again turn the knob finally you will get the exact finest location

am i r8 vinay...? i read it somewhere

giri

Gireesh Kumar
Satellite Enthusiast
Indiandth.in
Thanks given by:
Thanks.

Actually you are right. The installer done same as u told but I didnt understand why they resets the needle even they get good signal. Actually now my problem is I didnt got what u mention here bcoz of my english communication problem. Will you please translate it in Hindi here or you send me private message if possible for you. Its not your fault, its my fault Smile.

Thank you very much!
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2012, 04:55 PM)MAX Wrote: I dont think its blind scan satellite finder. Maybe its true but when a DTH installer came to install dth he arranged all the set up & connect satellite finder between dish & receiver cable. It means he had looking for specific tp. Dont know how it is possible blind scan satellite finder & its shows on tv which frequency is found.

Yes Gireesh is absolutely right.
Digital Sat Finder needs input of satellite parameters from internet/lyngsat which is not needed in Analog Sat Finder.
This speeds up the task of hunting beams since any beams found will produce a deep pitched beep sound. The dB knob is used to reduce gain and beep. Then again the dish is precisely moved for fine adjustment of position.
The "dB" knob is just a potentiometer like the volume knob on old radios.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IDF Exclusive: My Solid Multi Satellite Ku-Band LNB... Mr.Bhat 1 1,791 04-16-2017, 07:50 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Inside piks of my digital satellite finder (( exclusive)) dishkiller 5 3,850 04-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Last Post: fhktools
  Rechargeable Digital Satellite Finder with built-in LCD TV, Speaker and AV Out vinay_kumar 7 7,069 04-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Last Post: fhktools
  Using one Satellite cable connection to connect two cable for two different rooms msk2013 0 1,944 03-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: msk2013
  Update: [pics] cricone channel on yamal 49 d. east Mr.HD 0 2,867 08-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Mr.HD
  Satellite TV equipments DiSEqC, LNBFs for my client's dish antenna setup vinay_kumar 2 3,197 08-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Last Post: vinay_kumar
  Satellite Dishes KRISHNASAGAR 4 4,828 06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: peet000000
  Satellite Meters KRISHNASAGAR 1 5,251 05-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Last Post: KRISHNASAGAR