Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture moves sideways in my new videocon d2h SD
Advertisement
I have recently purchased Videocon d2h SD. From the time of purchase, I have observed that, while changing the channels, the picture moves slightly to left/right and then settles. It does not stop there. The picture moves slightly sideways even while it is tuned to a particular channel. I have reported the issue two times to Videocon d2h customer care. The service person has visited my premises twice. He replaced the set top box, LNB. Yet, the problem exists. He could not identify where the problem is and instead said that the problem is with my LG LCD TV (22LK311)

Hence, I called LG service. The service engineer from LG visited my premises yesterday and confirmed that there is no problem in my TV. A DVD player was connected to my TV with the same set of AV cables. But, the picture was always stable. It never moved sideways. Also, when I play a movie from USB, the picture is stable. Had the problem been in my TV, it would have moved sideways in either of the cases.

The following are my observations:

1. My neighbor has Tata Sky DTH (standard definition). When I connect his set top box to my TV, the picture is stable.
2. When I remove the IF cable, the display is stable. Once the IF co-axial cable is connected, the problem as mentioned above starts.
3. When I connect my Videocon d2h set top box to my neighbor's TV ( LG Ultraslim CRT based TV), the picture was stable.

This clearly shows that there is some problem only when the videocon d2h set top box is connected to my TV.

Is the Videocon d2h SD satellite signal itself is not compatible with my LCD TV?? I request you to kindly experiment on this issue.

My TV's resolution is 16:9. I have already set the the resolution under TV settings of set top box setup, but the problem still exists. I strongly feel that still some settings need to be changed in the set top box to make its output compatible with my TV. The service person from Videocon could not fix the problem. I request you to kindly forward me the settings which are to be done.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
(06-20-2012, 03:22 PM)raghava216 Wrote: I have recently purchased Videocon d2h SD. From the time of purchase, I have observed that, while changing the channels, the picture moves slightly to left/right and then settles. It does not stop there. The picture moves slightly sideways even while it is tuned to a particular channel. I have reported the issue two times to Videocon d2h customer care. The service person has visited my premises twice. He replaced the set top box, LNB. Yet, the problem exists. He could not identify where the problem is and instead said that the problem is with my LG LCD TV (22LK311)

Hence, I called LG service. The service engineer from LG visited my premises yesterday and confirmed that there is no problem in my TV. A DVD player was connected to my TV with the same set of AV cables. But, the picture was always stable. It never moved sideways. Also, when I play a movie from USB, the picture is stable. Had the problem been in my TV, it would have moved sideways in either of the cases.

The following are my observations:

1. My neighbor has Tata Sky DTH (standard definition). When I connect his set top box to my TV, the picture is stable.
2. When I remove the IF cable, the display is stable. Once the IF co-axial cable is connected, the problem as mentioned above starts.
3. When I connect my Videocon d2h set top box to my neighbor's TV ( LG Ultraslim CRT based TV), the picture was stable.

This clearly shows that there is some problem only when the videocon d2h set top box is connected to my TV.

Is the Videocon d2h SD satellite signal itself is not compatible with my LCD TV?? I request you to kindly experiment on this issue.

My TV's resolution is 16:9. I have already set the the resolution under TV settings of set top box setup, but the problem still exists. I strongly feel that still some settings need to be changed in the set top box to make its output compatible with my TV. The service person from Videocon could not fix the problem. I request you to kindly forward me the settings which are to be done.

if you share your customer id or your contact details Videocon d2h team will definitely get in touch with you and solve your query. i had a problem with my connection and after sharing they got back to me and solved my problem within one day.
Thanks given by:
hi Raghava,
I want to share with you that I am also having this issue. I have purchased new videocon d2h SD connection on 28 June 2012, and I am having simple CRT PHILIPS TV. On the very first day after installation, I noticed the text were seemed to be slightly double kind, like you said the picture moving sideways. But I was confused with the thought that is it normal or not. Now from 1 month I started noticing that all of the picture or info bar's text is looking slightly double. I also have compared with the TATA SKY SD, and there is no such issue with it.

Bro I am contacting you with the thought that we both have same issue. Please tell are you solved with this issue. Or is there any suggestion from your side. Please reply.
Thankyou.

Your's Truly,
Sourabh
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Korean Drama Active- Rs 40 channel added on Videocon D2H on 04-08-2020 Sathish 0 218 08-04-2020, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  DTH Updates: Bhojpuri Active and Girgit channels removed from Videocon D2H Sathish 0 255 08-01-2020, 07:56 AM
  DTH Updates: Star Bharat HD channel temporarily FTA on Videocon D2H Sathish 1 281 08-01-2020, 07:55 AM
  DTH Updates: Tamilan TV channel removed from Videocon D2H Sathish 0 240 07-22-2020, 10:27 AM
  DTH Updates: PTC Punjabi Gold channel added on Videocon D2H on LCN 783 Sathish 0 243 07-21-2020, 01:59 PM
  DTH Updates: Lokshahi and News 24 channels added on Videocon D2H Sathish 0 257 07-14-2020, 08:24 AM
  DTH Updates: Zee Hindustan channel removed from 2 slots on Videocon D2H Sathish 0 267 07-14-2020, 08:21 AM
  DTH Updates: MOD Test channel added on Videocon D2H Sathish 0 367 07-10-2020, 10:54 AM
  DTH Updates: Republic Bharat channel temporarily FTA on Videocon D2H Sathish 0 257 07-10-2020, 10:53 AM
  IDF Exclusive: Star Gold HD channel temporarily FTA on Videocon D2H Sathish 1 319 07-10-2020, 10:51 AM