Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price of new HD Recorder for second TV?
Advertisement
I already have the Airtel Digital TV SD Recorder in my one room. I want to purchase a Airtel Digital TV HD Recorder for my second TV.

What will be the price for that? Any special plans which can help me get a good deal for the same?

And are 500GB space recorders still available?
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
I dont think they will give any special discount for buying a HD Recorder. There was discount for additional connection pack. Do you have a dealer in your area? if yes, talk to him and see if he has got any special offer, also about availability of 500GB Recorder (which was not available in all areas).

Make sure that they will supply you the 500GB capacity Recorder only.!!

One question - Why you need 2 recorders in one house? If you want 2nd connection for other room which can be taken from the existing STB itself with discounted pack rate.?

++
From their website:

* do you have more than 1 TV at home?
* Now you and your family can enjoy multiple DTH connections at home with our special Multi-Connection Offers.

multi - connection subscription
One Set-Top-Box per television
One common dish for multiple TV connections
Different programmes on different televisions at any given time
Free Installation for all connections
Attractive Monthly rental – Rs.145 per month

All channels as per the package of your primary connection in a different room of the house.

To avail the offer, please call 12150 (toll free from airtel Mobile ) or 1800 102 8080 (toll free) or SMS MULTI to 54325

Please visit their website for more details.
"One question - Why you need 2 recorders in one house? If you want 2nd connection for other room which can be taken from the existing STB itself with discounted pack rate.?"

I didn't understand this point. What sort of discounted rate. I see that I can get the HD Recorder for Rs. 6,140. What kind of other discount can I get?

And I have the following two doubts. Will be really grateful if you can help me out.

1. The dish I have is the one I got years ago with my Standard DVR (SD DVR), will it work fine with HD Recorder?

2. Currently I use Economy Sports pack on my Standard DVR (SD DVR), how much will I need to pay for my second TV which will now be connected to HD Recorder? And will I get any HD channels then?
Thanks given by:
See below box mail recieved from airtel yesterday (may be you also recieved??).

It says that'' get special annual subscription for your second Tv at just Rs.7740..., so check with them for more details.

I have not seen any exchange offer for SD DVR (I also have same STB) to HD DVR. There are exchange offers for upgrading from SD STB, HD STB to HD DVR. I am not sure whether they will consider SD DVR's as SD Stb's only or will they give any consideration for SD DVR. You can clarify this with Airtel or their local dealer.

Herewith the multi tv pack price as given in their website:

[Image: Digital_TV_from_airtel.jpg]
I have one more doubt.

Now that I will buy a new HD Recorder, and I already have a standard recorder, which STB will be my primary STB?

Can I opt for a HD package on my new HD STB and avail the same package on my old SD STB for Rs. 180/month?

Basically, I wanna ask is that can I make the new box as the primary box and the old box as the secondary box?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2013, 08:37 PM)AbhishekS Wrote: I have one more doubt.

Basically, I wanna ask is that can I make the new box as the primary box and the old box as the secondary box?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

after sale you can change the primary connection option,basically higher STB is primary.

now you can buy HD dvr stb and one month free subscription (Economy Sports Pack).

Note: Call Customer Care for any policy changes.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Vissa TV Channel A-La-Carte price changed to FREE on Airtel Digital TV Sathish 1 309 07-30-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Airtel Xstream Box available at discounted price to existing Digital TV users nairrk 1 432 09-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: yieldway17
  DTH News: Airtel Digital TV HD set-top-box price slashed.. nairrk 0 489 07-19-2019, 03:08 PM
  Update: Airtel Digital TV - Interactive Service Pack details/Price nairrk 0 712 07-31-2017, 03:37 PM
  Breaking News: Upgrade SD to HD (New Offers), Price Hiked as on 29th April 2017 rahul1117_kumar 2 1,135 07-01-2017, 09:14 AM
  DTH Updates: Value Prime Kids 12 month ARP price now reduced rahul1117_kumar 4 1,103 05-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar
  Update: Best Ever Airtel HD Recorder Snapshots with HardDisk!!! sriwaits4u 22 6,236 11-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Last Post: NeelDishTrue
  DTH Updates: HBO Hits & HBO Defined HD Channels price increased to Rs.99/- nairrk 1 1,056 10-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Medakvk
Thumbs Down DTH Updates: Hollywood HD price increased to Rs.63 nairrk 1 731 06-14-2015, 08:48 AM
  Breaking News: Price Increased- Southvalue Sports Std pillay75 0 690 02-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Last Post: pillay75