Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rain Disruption in Tata Sky is Most
Advertisement
Rain Disruption in Tata Sky is Most as compared with all other DTH

Quote:DTH blues for soccer fans
- Rain disruptions during Cup leave subscribers fuming

Argentina is attacking with Lionel Messi in front. You wait in anticipation as he deftly dribbles the ball past the defenders, sprints down the left flank and sends a cross to Diego Milito when the Tata Sky connection suddenly goes blank, leaving the screen blue and you seeing red.

Fans following the World Cup on direct-to-home connections are bracing for more such blackouts in the middle of big matches with service providers doing little to cure satellite television of a familiar monsoon malady.

“I have been looking up the weather forecast in the newspaper every morning just to find out whether my DTH signal will stay when I am watching the Cup matches of the day,” Tata Sky subscriber and Brazil fan Swarup Roy told Metro.

Calcutta has three lakh-odd DTH subscribers who are forced to put up with total link failure or loss of picture quality not only during heavy rain but sometimes even when it drizzles.

“I wonder why they haven’t been able to fix this technical snag for so long. It’s so irritating, especially now that the Cup is underway,” said Tata Sky subscriber Sarbani Saha, who endured one such blackout during Tuesday’s France-South Africa clash.

Metro tried contacting Tata Sky’s chief marketing officer Vikram Mehra but he did not answer calls to his cellphone.

Subscribers of Dish TV, Sun Direct, Airtel Digital TV and Big TV said they faced picture problems during a downpour but not total signal loss.

Some disruptions in picture and sound is common to all DTH service providers during showers because the charged field created by friction between the raindrops and air particles interferes with the electromagnetic beams carrying the signals.

See Source: http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100624/js...600247.jsp
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
This happens to all DTH services during rainy season,i had experianced 3 DTH services upto now and enjoying 2 at present BIG TV and DISH TV.I had used TATASKY 1 1/2 years .most problem i had is in DISH TV :hysterical:[my signal strength is 85-76 , thats best in Dish tv] most of the time i am getting signals from BIG TV and Tatasky .but in Dish TV no signals at that time.Its not fair to degrade or give bad impression with 1 service.as that user said he may lost signals ,that maybe cause of less signals in that area or not aligned correctly.we cant come to conclution from 1 users comments or problems.
Thanks given by:
Exactly rains are the most common interference across dth one cannot say that a particular service provider is facing majority of the problems as again this may vary from person-to-person one may also have many connections but may face problem for 1 connection more than the others as Mr. Bhat has faced, in his case he has three connections out of which Dish TV is the faultiest so genuine problems are acknowledged by the service providers and rectified in case of generic problems most of the customers grievance are catered to by the customercare team.
Thanks given by:
its common problems disturbance on DTH in rainy seasons
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH News: TATA SKY BINGE+ gets a major price cut nairrk 0 400 09-18-2020, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  "Tata Sky Beauty (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 14-09-2020 Sathish 0 123 09-14-2020, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  "Tata Sky Comedy (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 10-09-2020 Sathish 0 135 09-10-2020, 07:54 AM
  "Tata Sky Comedy (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 09-09-2020 Sathish 0 272 09-09-2020, 02:06 AM
  TataSky removed "Tata Sky Music (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 08-09-2020 Sathish 0 103 09-08-2020, 10:35 AM
  TataSky removed "Tata Sky Bangla Cinema (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 07-09-2020 Sathish 0 108 09-07-2020, 10:28 AM
  TataSky removed "Tata Sky Videoshala (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 07-09-2020 Sathish 0 96 09-07-2020, 10:19 AM
  "Tata Sky Fun Learn - Preschool (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 06-09-2020 Sathish 0 159 09-06-2020, 03:08 AM
  "Tata Sky Fun Learn - Junior (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 06-09-2020 Sathish 0 145 09-06-2020, 02:32 AM
  "Tata Sky Fun Learn - Preschool (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-09-2020 Sathish 0 117 09-05-2020, 03:36 AM