Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 79 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
Reception of Airtel DTH in Middle East - Updates/Discussion
Advertisement
Hi All,
Here is the dedicated thread for Airtel DTH users from Middle East Region. Have your discussion/updates on Airtel DTH reception in this thread. (Saudi, U.A.E, Qatar, Kuwait, etc.).

Two days back i aligned my old 210cm prime focus dish to SES7 successfully, and receiving 200-206 signal strength.. Smile

Will post some snapshots of the dish as early as possible. Thread is added as sticky for the active participation of all members and new visitors/guests.

Regards,
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
thanks ashfaq,

i will also try.

can u elaborate step by step ...how to start with the STB.

i have experience in aligning tatasky many times i have re aligned on different locations. its my hobby.

thanks
regards
Thanks given by:
Hi,

can u pl tell me the about the dish stand height .

this is approximately like asia3s (sahara) dish? and direction.

can we use Nilesat/hot bird LNB ?

pl post the snaps as soon as possible.

My neighbour has brought the receiver. I want to help him.
thanks
Thanks given by:
Check this link..

http://indiandth.in/Thread-Breaking-Firs...in-Bahrain

Thanks given by:
@ranbaz,
I will try to post the picture of my dish 'prime focus - black one' normally using around here in Saudi to catch C-band signals.
Yes, its almost the same position of asiasat3s, and you have to have a bigger stand since the dish will be positioned almost vertical.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
@ kallem:

we dont have this type of dish. we are using c-band type dish to get TATA, SunDirect or Big Tv.

now Iam planning to use the 2.1m dish(HUNTER) we used earlier for tatasky.
is this ok Mr.Ashwaq?

I saw the bahrain dish set-up, I got the idea.

my doubt is about the stand height. how tall it shd b?

b/r
Thanks given by:
Yes am using 210cm normal dish (not hunter), here in Dammam. Since you are in Riyadh (400km away) i believe you may have some signal drop... But you can try, as i am having 206+ signal here, without giving a fine tune...
I am sure, you will have enough signal on a 210cm (prime focus) dish. Try to use Santech or Stargold LNB.

regards,
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mr.Ashwaq,

Unfortunately, some one has taken away my lnb holder rods and lnb...leaving the dish looks like a food serving dish.
hahaha

thanks for the info. I will call the technician to help neighbour.

but i tuned tatasky yesterday, almost all chanels were appearing in the night until i left at 6.30am today
zee, sony etc.

however, were going off sometimes.

Thanks given by:
Mr. AB
pls post dish position snpshots...?
Thanks given by:
iam attempting to get signals from ASIASAT5 ...DISH TV HD SIGNALS with beam focussing whole of south asia....

iam trying this with a small dish...let me chk if succeeds ...i will update. then no worries of signals, all can switch to dish tv HD.

SORRY...

FROM C BAND I COULD GET THE SAID SIGNALS. AND GOT ALL ARABIC CHANELS IN C - BAND.
WHEN I REMOVED THE LNB AND TRIED WITH DIGITAL ONE...NO SUCCESS.

GAVE UP AFTER 2 HOURS OF ATTEMPT.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 287 118,827 10-15-2020, 09:36 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: R9 TV will be removed shortly on Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 247 10-15-2020, 09:33 AM
  DTH Updates: ''Bansal News'' added by Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 242 10-15-2020, 09:28 AM
  DTH Updates: ADTV added 'Airtel Entertainment Home 3' on Ch.123 nairrk 0 410 10-02-2020, 08:05 AM
  DTH Updates: New Channel ''Airtel Korean TV'' added by ADTV nairrk 0 324 09-25-2020, 07:44 AM
  DTH Updates: Value Sports Pack from Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 319 09-22-2020, 11:17 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Test Channel 3 added on Ch.499 nairrk 0 520 09-19-2020, 09:37 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Test Channel 2 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 17-09-2020 Sathish 1 167 09-19-2020, 09:35 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Test Channel 4 added by ADTV nairrk 0 335 09-18-2020, 09:22 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Test Channel 4 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 17-09-2020 Sathish 0 122 09-17-2020, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sathish