Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average
Reliance Digital TV Users from Middle East (Discuss Issues/Pros/Cons Here)
Advertisement
Dear Ashfaq / Bhatt,

I reside at Khobar, Saudi and plan to bring Big TV HD DVR. In this relation I post few questions. Hope you will find time to reply me.

1. Do I have to get activated the set in India itself.

2. What if I ask my relatives to install the unit and watch it in India. After few weeks I will bring it here.

3. What are the units to be brought to Saudi.

4. From this forum I came to know that 240 Dish is desirable to connect Big TV. Also a friend advised Star Gold Fuji LNB. I checked with some technician and their price for only LNB (4 output) is SR. 200. Is it correct.

Hope to receive your response. Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
@aniasramam,
Pls see the comments below, in sequence of your questions:
1. Yes, make sure the stb is activated in india itself to avoid first installation process and other problems after you bring here.
2. Yes, the best option is to buy the dth ahead of time and let ur families watch it for some days and ensure the stb is working properly including all subscribed channels.
3. Bring only, stb, remote and adapter only. The lnb and dish keep at home only.
4. Yes, 240cm dish (4piece) is working properly in dammam area. But ensure that you install it in an open area, without any blockages like walls, other dishes etc.

Also, i think its better you go for HD only, not DVR; coz for DVR function i believe you have to use two out/4out LNB's. And when i checked such lnb in 4 piece dish, the signal rate was low. But its up to you, if you wanna go for DVR and give it a try.
good luck, and make sure to update the result once you succeed.... regards.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2011, 07:41 PM)Ashfak Wrote: @aniasramam,
Pls see the comments below, in sequence of your questions:
1. Yes, make sure the stb is activated in india itself to avoid first installation process and other problems after you bring here.
2. Yes, the best option is to buy the dth ahead of time and let ur families watch it for some days and ensure the stb is working properly including all subscribed channels.
3. Bring only, stb, remote and adapter only. The lnb and dish keep at home only.
4. Yes, 240cm dish (4piece) is working properly in dammam area. But ensure that you install it in an open area, without any blockages like walls, other dishes etc.

Also, i think its better you go for HD only, not DVR; coz for DVR function i believe you have to use two out/4out LNB's. And when i checked such lnb in 4 piece dish, the signal rate was low. But its up to you, if you wanna go for DVR and give it a try.

Dear Ashfak,
I am from Qatar. As per you mentioned in point no. 4 that we can use 4 pieces 240cm dish to get the signal for BIG TV.
Just let me know the signal situation of BIG TV in Qatar using 240 dish.

As I am a user of Sun-Direct. The signal is good using 180cm oval shape dish with ku LNB 4 port. But the problem is sometime its start cracking due to air-pressure which causes dish mis-aligned. so I am thinking to change the dish to 240cm circle shape with KU LNB. will it work fine then?

question is that can I use KU band LNB with 240cm (4 piece dish) or 260cm round in shape because currently I am using 180cm oval shaped dish..????
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2011, 07:41 PM)Ashfak Wrote: Also, i think its better you go for HD only, not DVR; coz for DVR function i believe you have to use two out/4out LNB's. And when i checked such lnb in 4 piece dish, the signal rate was low. But its up to you, if you wanna go for DVR and give it a try.
@ Ashfak

Thanks for the reply. Last Thursday I installed "Big TV" HD DVR at Al Khobar and used 4 out LNB of Stargold Fuji (SR. 145) and installation charge SR. 100. Signal is OK as channels are showing without any cutting. But my activation is not yet done. So only free channels are watchable. Because I brought it here without installing at India. So it is advisable first to install the unit at India then bring it here. Now I contacted my dealer and he promised to make it activated today.

Do anyone knows the option to "Re-charge through online". I found one option at Big TV site. Have the option of Net Banking channel. Please if anyone recharged using online pls. update here to help other members.

Thanks

Thanks given by:
First you have to create account here My Services - Reliance ADAG , then you can recharge inside the portal . Only Indian bank cards work .
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2011, 03:23 PM)SRK Wrote: First you have to create account here My Services - Reliance ADAG , then you can recharge inside the portal . Only Indian bank cards work .
@ SRK
Thanks for the information. I tried the same but not successful since my subscriber number is not yet activated. I contacted local agent, customer care through my relative in india on whose name I bought the system..but even after 5 days nothing helped..so am waiting..

any tips or directions to help me to solve my activation would be appreciated..

Thanks given by:
@aniasram,
As you mentioned your account is not activated. First you ensure that your account/subscription is activated. Make sure to keep your stb 'ON' and having good signal always. Arrange one of your relative to call the Customer Care, and request for activation/refreshing your account.

And about recharging, the best option is to buy a recharge coupon (scratch card), which you can buy from retailer shops in India. Coz, using credit cards is not advisable for us, especially in ur case as its the first time for u.
Once you got your recharge coupon, you can update/load the card through here: http://www.reliancedigitaltv.com/recharge_pop.html

Update the status, once u resolve all ur issues.. :up:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
I am planning to get a Big TV HD DVR STB from India to Riyadh. I have a couple of questions and appreciate your learned feedback...

1) One of my friend tells me that customs in Riyadh airport seize HD DVR STBs bcoz it has LAN/Internet connectivity etc., as it happened to him (And he advises me to get either normal or HD STB but not HD DVR STB). Can anybody update if this is true and such risk exists to anybody or it might just be an isolated case that has happend to him?

2) I understand HD DVR STB needs two signal inputs; by any means is there a signal/picture deterioration bcoz this or there is no signal deterioration on HD DVR STB compared to normal STB (under same reception conditions).

Many thanks...
Thanks given by:
Using Indiandth services outside India is Illegal and Middle East nations banned using of Foreign dths there . So there may be a chance of seizing of STB [It doesn't matter whether it is a DVR/normal one] . And I don't have info about signal issues in HD DVR stb . Our Super Mod Ashfak knows about this . He'll reply to it .
Thanks given by:
(04-26-2011, 11:53 AM)samirb Wrote: 2) I understand HD DVR STB needs two signal inputs; by any means is there a signal/picture deterioration bcoz this or there is no signal deterioration on HD DVR STB compared to normal STB (under same reception conditions).

Many thanks...

Two signal inputs - are you talking about twin LNB and twin ports in DVR?
Normally, all DVR's will have 2 ports which will have to be connected to LNB having 2 ports. That means from LNB to DVR 2 cable connection is required (one is for normal viewing and another one is for recording whilst viewing a channel). Normal STB will have only one port and one single LNB which connected by single cable.

According to my understanding, there are no other signal issues in DVR (I have Airtel DVR).

Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Frequency Wise Channel Updates of Independent TV on Measat 3/3a/3b at 91.5° East Sathish 172 36,523 01-07-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sathish
  DTH Updates: 12 HD channels temporarily FTA on Independent TV on Measat 3 at 91.5° East Sathish 3 1,266 10-17-2018, 12:23 PM
  DTH Updates: Tarang channel removed from Independent TV on Measat 3/3a/3b at 91.5° East Sathish 0 684 09-29-2018, 05:36 PM
  DTH Updates: National Voice UP/UK channel added on Independent TV on Measat 3/3a/4b at 91.5° East Sathish 0 597 09-28-2018, 12:03 PM
  DTH Updates: MH1 Shraddha channel removed from Independent TV on Measat 3/3a/3b at 91.5° East Sathish 0 803 09-28-2018, 11:58 AM
  DTH Updates: Four FM Radio Channels removed from Independent TV on Measat 3/3a/3b at 91.5° East Sathish 0 597 09-15-2018, 11:36 AM
  DTH Updates: Buland News Samachar channel added on Independent TV (Reliance Digital TV) Sathish 0 546 09-03-2018, 07:11 PM
  DTH Updates: News World India channel got scrambled on Independent TV (Reliance Digital TV) Sathish 0 554 08-28-2018, 05:44 PM
  DTH Updates: India Watch channel got scrambled on Independent TV (Reliance Digital TV) Sathish 0 469 08-28-2018, 05:43 PM
  DTH Updates: Sony Marathi channel got scrambled on Independent TV (Reliance Digital TV) Sathish 0 532 08-28-2018, 05:40 PM