Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Shruti composing music for Kamal's remake of 'A Wednesday'
Advertisement
Mumbai (PTI): Singer Shruti Haasan, who is making debut as an actress, is also composing music for the remake of Hindi movie A Wednesday being produced by her father Kamal Haasan.

"I love singing, acting and composing music. Thank God, I don't have to choose just one," Shruti told PTI.

Shruti, who is currently in Chennai, is working on the music of 'Unnaipol Oruvan' starring superstars Mohanlal and Kamal Haasan, said she was sticking to the vision of the director and her father.

"I add in elements of my flavour but mostly keep true to their vision. I am composing the music for the Tamil as also the Telugu version which is called Ee Nadu," she said.

Shruti, who is a professional singer as well, said both the language versions are a lot like the original but with a few changes.

"The music is also becoming an important accessory to the entire project," she said.

Shruti, who is composing music for the first time, said "it has been a wonderful and exciting experience. I am truly blessed," she said.

Speaking about her debut film as heroine in Luck opposite Imran Khan directed by Soham Shah, Shruti said the film may be released in July.

Unnaipol Oruvan and Ee Nadu are being directed by debutant Chakri and produced by Kamal Haasan's Raaj Kamal Film International in collaboration with UTV Motion Pictures.

Kamal plays the lead protagonist enacted by Naseeruddin Shah in the original film. Mohanlal plays Anupam Kher's character.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Artist Aloud announces the third season of World Music Day Festival.. nairrk 0 1,060 06-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Sony Music acquires the music rights to 'Namaste England' nairrk 0 903 05-01-2018, 07:19 PM
  General News: Saregama India acquires the music of 'Monsoon Shootout' nairrk 0 1,040 11-17-2017, 06:21 PM
  General News: Aditya Music acquires music rights of mega Tollywood films nairrk 0 878 11-17-2017, 03:33 PM
  General News: Mahindra Open Sky Festival: An intimate experience of music and culture nairrk 0 914 07-25-2017, 07:41 PM
  General News: Kamal Haasan's Sabash Naidu is Not Shelved nairrk 0 810 07-16-2017, 09:33 AM
  Breaking News: For Connoisseur's of Evergreen Hindi Music here is a perfect device by Saregama Rdev 0 883 06-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Rdev
  General News: eBay launches music video celebrating Budhia Singh’s undying passion nairrk 0 768 07-26-2016, 09:49 AM
  General News: Kabali Music Review: Even the sound tracks rave up for Rajini nairrk 0 937 07-16-2016, 01:24 PM
  Breaking News: SIIMA Awards 2016: Mahesh Babu, Allu Arjun, Shruti Haasan, Baahubali bag major awards rahul1117_kumar 0 846 07-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar