Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average
TATA(SKY HD FAQS
Advertisement
What is Tata Sky HD?-

Tata Sky HD is a set-top box that gives you High Definition (HD) TV - a new technology in the TV industry. This digital broadcasting system has higher resolution and enhanced picture and sound quality in comparison to a regular television service.

What is the price ? Where can I buy it from?-

Rs 2,599 for the Tata Sky HD digicomp. The HD digicomps will be available in Mumbai, Delhi & Chennai to begin with.

What channels can I watch through Tata Sky HD?

Tata Sky HD offering will include channels like National Geographic HD and Discovery HD - available as part of the HD Gold pack. Many more entertainment, movie & popular sports channels will also get added to the HD Gold pack. The other unique feature will be the blockbuster movies being shown in HD - starting with ‘Kites’ being shown exclusively on Tata Sky!

I have a TV that is not HD. Should I get a Tata Sky HD digicomp?
Sure, you can. However, there will be no improvement in the picture quality as compared to your current Tata Sky (SD) box. A change in TV Display settings on the box will be required to support HD feeds with non-HD TV set for down-conversion.

Will I need to have a new satellite dish installed instead of my existing dish?
If you are an existing subscriber, there is no need for a new dish to be installed. An additional HDMi cable will need to be connected from the HD digicomp to your HD TV in order to view & enjoy the HD channels. This cable will be a part of the Tata Sky HD service.

Is there any special offer on the Tata Sky HD service?
"New subscribers activating their Tata Sky with a HD digicomp can avail of the current promotion along with 2 months free HD Gold Pack free.

Exisiting subscribers activating a Tata Sky HD digicomp get 1 year free HD Gold Pack"

I'm an existing subscriber of Tata Sky. Is there any special offer for me?
You will need to buy a Tata Sky HD digicomp paying Rs 2,599. But as an excisiting Tata Sky you will get one year free HD Gold Pack!

Is there any exchange offer?
No.

Is there a warranty with the Tata Sky HD box?
Yes, a one year warranty applies.

I am a subsciber & I want to get the Tata Sky HD service on my 2nd television. Will I be eligible for the I year free HD Gold pack offer?
Yes

I am a Mega pack subscriber. I have replaced my current digicomp with the new Tata Sky HD box. Will I get the HD channels?
Yes! The HD channels will all be availeble as part of the Mega pack too!

When will Tata Sky HD be available in other locations?
The HD digicomps will be made available shortly.

Can I purchase it on the website?
Not right away, but the Tata Sky HD digicomps will be avaiable for purchase from the website shortly.

I have a Tata Sky+ connection. Will you also have HD alongwith Tata Sky+ features of pause, record, rewind?
The current digicomp is an HD digicomp without the pause, record & rewind features. The HD service on a Tata Sky+ will follow later.

I understand that we can watch Kites in HD format. How does it work?
Kites is being made available on Showcase on both the SD & HD formats. So an existing SD subscriber will be able to view the movie in the SD version. However an HD subscriber would be able to view the movie in both the HD & SD versions!

I have a Tata Sky SD box Will I be able to see the HD channels?
As a subscriber with the SD box, you will not be able to view the HD channels. Actually you will not even see the HD channel listed on the EPG!

http://www.tatasky.com/hd/faqs.html
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
I have a query ,if I subscribe for HD Services what happens to our old STB,will they exchange new HD settop box for old one at what price?
Thanks given by:
Perhaps upto now there is no informations about this Sad but u asked a valid point :up: may be its waste :cry1:
Thanks given by:
I think they will take back our old Ts Sd STB
Thanks given by:
Its good that movies too are broadcasted in HD waiting for more good movies in HD.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I have a Tata Sky+ connection. Will you also have HD alongwith Tata Sky+ features of pause, record, rewind?
The current digicomp is an HD digicomp without the pause, record & rewind features. The HD service on a Tata Sky+ will follow later.

Wow!! Sounds good...

So they are also planning to launch Tata Sky + HD:up::up:
Thanks given by:
Everyone is waiting for TS+ HD
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Tata Sky Welcome (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 05-04-2021 Sathish 0 71 04-05-2021, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  "Tata Sky Bangla Cinema Offer (TV)" channel removed, "Kannada Cinema Offer (TV)" channel added on TataSky DTH Services o Sathish 0 48 04-01-2021, 11:43 AM
  "Tata Sky Bangla Cinema Offer (TV)" channel removed, "Kannada Cinema Offer (TV)" channel added on TataSky DTH Services o Sathish 0 46 04-01-2021, 11:40 AM
  "Tata Sky Bhojpuri Sanima (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 27-03-2021 Sathish 0 61 03-27-2021, 10:48 AM
  "Devotion @ Re1 (Data)" channel removed, "Tata Sky Darshan (Data)" channel added on TataSky DTH Services on 23-03-2021 Sathish 0 85 03-23-2021, 09:07 AM
  "Telugu Cinema Offer (TV)" channel removed, "Tata Sky Bangla Cinema Offer (TV)" channel added on TataSky DTH Services on Sathish 0 86 03-23-2021, 09:03 AM
  "Telugu Cinema Offer (TV)" channel removed, "Tata Sky Bangla Cinema Offer (TV)" channel added on TataSky DTH Services on Sathish 0 63 03-23-2021, 08:56 AM
  DTH Updates: Tata Sky launches cloud-based recording feature for Android-powered Binge+ Set-top-box nairrk 0 82 03-18-2021, 07:13 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  TataSky added "Tata Sky Hits HD (Radio)" channel on its DTH platform on 14-03-2021 Sathish 0 110 03-14-2021, 04:59 AM
  TataSky added "Tata Sky Classroom (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 14-03-2021 Sathish 0 69 03-14-2021, 04:11 AM