Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.23 Average
TS HD & HD+ STBs ARE 3D Capable(confirmed)
Advertisement
:jump:Yes! Both Tata Sky HD and Tata Sky+ HD set top boxes are capable of delivering 3D content. You will be able to watch 3D content with these boxes, as and when its available on Tata Sky. However you will need a 3D TV and 3D glasses in order to enjoy 3D content.

Its on TS Website's FAQs Section look it yourself.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Yes It Was Confirmed Earlier... It Might Be SD 3D Content... For HD 3D Content You Need HD Box...
[Image: izvqcn.jpg]

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
All HD STBs are 3D capable as they have NOTHING TO DO with Side by Side 3D like the color coded 3D of before. These feature have nothing to do with the STB as its the 3D TV which will process the video! Its only a marketing gimming by TS and Videocon as these boxes will never support Full HD Frame Sequencial 3D of HDMI 1.4a (as in 3D Bluray).
Thanks given by:
sorry to say mr prankey it is not a market gimmick by tata sky and tata sky never promotes false things,its just answer to frequently asked question on tata sky site. tata sky has never falsely promoted anything unlike videocon promoting its dvr as 3d or dish tv promoting fake hd channels as tru hd
Thanks given by:
(04-16-2011, 12:08 PM)HARINAMO Wrote: sorry to say mr prankey it is not a market gimmick by tata sky and tata sky never promotes false things,its just answer to frequently asked question on tata sky site. tata sky has never falsely promoted anything unlike videocon promoting its dvr as 3d or dish tv promoting fake hd channels as tru hd
You seems to be another preacher of Tatasky! Your reply doesn't MAKE ANY SENSE. Talking of no false claims, if you are so keen in backing Tatasky please answer few crisp questions:

1. Why did Tatasky SELL Tatasky+ boxes telling they are HD capable and HD channels will be supported once launched?

2. Why is Tatasky+ HD being sold as supporting 7.1 Dolby Digital+ when not even 2.0 Dolby Digital comes through HDMI? 7.1 DD+ can only be supported through HDMI if you are aware.

3. Even if TS+HD fixes the HDMI audio issue by passing DD5.1, how will they provide DD+ 7.1 when their regular HD box seems to only support DD5.1?

Like they have not yet moved to MPEG4 claiming compatibility issue on older SD boxes when all the new SD and HD boxes support it, wouldn't the same issue come when they try to pass DD+7.1? They will AGAIN say that as their regular HD box do not support DD+7.1, we could not pass beyond DD5.1.

Aint these MARKETING GIMMICKs and a way of SCAMMING the customer? Talking about FAKE HD channels, even Tatasky till recently provided FAKE HD channel - Star Plus. Also, they are STILL providing FAKE Dolby Digital 5.1 on Discovery HD World bye spoiling the sound completely from its original stereo version.

I would appreciate your answers as I have learned now as you know more than me that Tatasky "never" promotes false info.

Thanks given by:
firstly tata sky never sold tata sky plus boxes telling that they will support hd channels as far as i m aware. dont know where u got the info.

regarding hd plus boxes supporting 7.1 surround surround. yes its true,infact dolby laboratories had made it public of having an agreement with tata sky for their 7.1 surr sound on hd plus boxes. so they must surely b supporting it. i dont have the home thetre but my friends have told me that it works. only problem is that there is no ch in india with 7.1 sound and in the world too i guesds there r hand few of channels with 7.1 sound.

the normal hd boxes cant give 7.1 sound and they can only give 5.1 sound and tata sky clearly told that when they sold hd boxes. so its normal that hd customers will receive 5.1 sound while hd plus can receive 7.1 sound. the best example is movies now, movies now is viewed in normal boxes in stereo while in hd boxes u can get 5.1 sound.

regarding star plus (upscaled hd). tata sky added it just for a little time to enhance the pic quality for lcd owners. infact tata sky added this after big tv added star plus upscaled hd and star being partner people started passing comments that big tv has added star plus hd why cant taTA SKY. as u know in india people just run afetr names without knowing facts or truth beneath. but coming back to ur point,tata sky never falsely advertised that they have star plus hd even in a single ad unlike dishtru hd promoting fake hd as true hd. also tata sky did not charge u a bomb for fake hd like dish tv. tata sky has been transparent and honest in its terms.

also regarding ten action not being added on tata sky, its a big reason and very soon u will b astonished why tata sky is not adding ten action. the first reason was unjustified demands being made by zee while signing contract with tata sky but now as i understand ten action being a big flop with no advertisers interested in investing in it, i m getting to a conclusion that tata sky must b hesitating in having a contract with ten action understanding long term vision of zee . as far as i understand after ten action comes to tata sky, zee must b having plan of closing ten action and starting a new channel and as tata sky and other operators must b in contract to keep the channel as i presume that in contract it must b mentioned that operator cant remove the ch even if zee decides to launch a new ch instead of ten action, thus this may b policy of zee to have a new ch and maximising its reach as its very hard to launch a new ch and maximise the reach. this is my theory,lets see if its true or not in coming months,. i believe this may b the reason that tata sky is not signing deal with zee. honestly i still strongly believe that tata sky isd the most honest player in the industry. instead of running after cheap thing , people should b ready to pay for quality bcoz if this does not happen all the good things of dth will b lost toi chinese equipments and cheap services
Thanks given by:
Whilst discussing on Tata Sky HD, please do not bring other DTH Operators in between. Keep it on the Subject only.
(04-17-2011, 12:56 PM)HARINAMO Wrote: firstly tata sky never sold tata sky plus boxes telling that they will support hd channels as far as i m aware. dont know where u got the info.

regarding hd plus boxes supporting 7.1 surround surround. yes its true,infact dolby laboratories had made it public of having an agreement with tata sky for their 7.1 surr sound on hd plus boxes. so they must surely b supporting it. i dont have the home thetre but my friends have told me that it works. only problem is that there is no ch in india with 7.1 sound and in the world too i guesds there r hand few of channels with 7.1 sound.

the normal hd boxes cant give 7.1 sound and they can only give 5.1 sound and tata sky clearly told that when they sold hd boxes. so its normal that hd customers will receive 5.1 sound while hd plus can receive 7.1 sound. the best example is movies now, movies now is viewed in normal boxes in stereo while in hd boxes u can get 5.1 sound.

regarding star plus (upscaled hd). tata sky added it just for a little time to enhance the pic quality for lcd owners. infact tata sky added this after big tv added star plus upscaled hd and star being partner people started passing comments that big tv has added star plus hd why cant taTA SKY. as u know in india people just run afetr names without knowing facts or truth beneath. but coming back to ur point,tata sky never falsely advertised that they have star plus hd even in a single ad unlike dishtru hd promoting fake hd as true hd. also tata sky did not charge u a bomb for fake hd like dish tv. tata sky has been transparent and honest in its terms.

also regarding ten action not being added on tata sky, its a big reason and very soon u will b astonished why tata sky is not adding ten action. the first reason was unjustified demands being made by zee while signing contract with tata sky but now as i understand ten action being a big flop with no advertisers interested in investing in it, i m getting to a conclusion that tata sky must b hesitating in having a contract with ten action understanding long term vision of zee . as far as i understand after ten action comes to tata sky, zee must b having plan of closing ten action and starting a new channel and as tata sky and other operators must b in contract to keep the channel as i presume that in contract it must b mentioned that operator cant remove the ch even if zee decides to launch a new ch instead of ten action, thus this may b policy of zee to have a new ch and maximising its reach as its very hard to launch a new ch and maximise the reach. this is my theory,lets see if its true or not in coming months,. i believe this may b the reason that tata sky is not signing deal with zee. honestly i still strongly believe that tata sky isd the most honest player in the industry. instead of running after cheap thing , people should b ready to pay for quality bcoz if this does not happen all the good things of dth will b lost toi chinese equipments and cheap services
All the sales executives who called me to persuade for TS+ boxes told that it is FULLY compatible with HD channels through component output and hence will support HD channels AS SOON AS TS launches them! This was their practice right through the launch of HD channels. Till the launch of TS+HD, TS+ website stated through FAQ - "HD services on TS+ will be launched later".

You should have done more research on Movies Now and DD+7.1 Movies Now SD is different than Movies Now HD. Now Movies Now HD might be available in 2 bitstream like DD5.1 and PCM2.0, however there is no analogy to them available as stereo or 5.1 on different platforms as the conversion happens from the uplinking facility of the DTH operator and there is only ONE broadcast from them - EITHER stereo or 5.1. Broadcast has NEVER been for STB specific like you see for SD channels on TS+, TS HD and TS+HD. In fact TS has always FALSELY marketed them of giving an impression that ALL the channels on these boxes come as MPEG4 bitstreams. Some of the sales executives also suggested this.

Nevertheless, point in question is, DD+7.1 can only come through HDMI which is currently not supported by TS+HD box so UNTIL they fix this issue, they are only SCAMMING their customers by telling them that TS+HD is DD+7.1 capable.

Your argument that TS HD box will get 5.1 audio while TS+HD will get DD+7.1 is BASELESS! Both are INCOMPATIBLE streams and TS can not pass different stream for different STB! You should do your homework before posting such SILLY ANALYSIS!

Talking of Star Plus HD, TS did ADVERTISE them atleast through their website. Their site ALWAYS said you will get 3 channels through HD Gold pack which included "Star Plus HD". Infact I don't remember seeing any caveat like in Sun HD site that "Some of the HD channels are upscaled". So its definitely a FALSE Marketing.

You skipped answering WHY TS does FAKE DD5.1 transmission Smile

Mods - I apologize for dragging this thread off topic, however felt the need to clarify things one of the members dragged us through. I only said 3D support is just a marketing gimmick which is INDEPENDENT to a STB and any STB can pass side by side 3D.

Thanks given by:
prankey sir tata sky hd boxes have option to choose between pcm and dolby and similarly hdplus must b having option in box for dolby plus conversion.
also tata sky plus boxes were not hd compatible but as u mentioned that tata sky had mentioned that later they may provide an option to run hd channels like airtel did with their dvr but as they launched hd plus now,they may do it later

my cable operetor also has movies now and it is showed in letter box format and its analogue cable. movies now is a single channel and there r no diff movies now hd and sd. its run in 5.1 sound and cable operators pass it thru pacm while tata sky stb has option to choose between 5.1 sound and pcm

regarding tata sky giving fake 5.1 sound. i guess there may b some error in discovery hd but for rest its fine. infact go for airtel hd and see ,u will b astonished at how they manage sttings. tata sky is the best in managing settings,yes hd is new and it will take time to settle

tata sky never falsely advertised star plus upscaled hd as true hd on either tv ,newspaper or anywhere else.regarding publishing on website yes i agree they shud have mentioned it as upscaled which they did not do

well prankey sir yes there r some tech less knowledgable peole involving some dealers and associates who just tell customers that since tata sky hd ,hd plus and now even normal boxes r mpeg4 compatible that tata sky runs on mpeg4 and yes its not nice but it happens in each company as all cant b well informed. but still tata sky has highest level of quality in terms of training and service as far as i have seen
Thanks given by:
i m sorry mods if i went offtopic.it was an exciting discussion and it really helps if we discuss things specially with informative members like prankey sir. request mods not to delete the posts this time as it took lot of effort to write and i will surely keep in mind not go offtopic again
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH News: Tata Sky now offers 3 year warranty on new STBs nairrk 0 768 02-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH News: Tata Sky to procure Skyworth Digital’s DVB-S2 STBs nairrk 0 846 09-18-2018, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Technicolor bags Tata Sky contract for supply of HD STBs IndianDTH 0 996 01-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Last Post: IndianDTH
  Technicolor bags Tata Sky contract for supply of HD STBs IndianDTH 0 1,414 04-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Last Post: IndianDTH
  DTH News: Software upgrade to version 1.0.7.001 for PACE HD PVR STBs starts tonight onwards Sathish 2 2,619 02-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Last Post: indrex