Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.55 Average
Tata Sky Lost No.2 Spot to Sun Direct and Slipped to No.3 from No.2
Advertisement
Hello All,

Today while i am reading an article (In Brand Reporter- Magazine) where its mentioned that Sun Direct is Currently at No.2 Position among all DTH.

That means Tata Sky now have slipped from its No.2 Position to No.3 Position. I believe its also just because of Heavy losses incurred by Tata Sky in last few years. As per the latest news published few days back that Tata Sky incurred net loss of Rs.806 crore. Also due to high subsriber acquisation cost and might be their higher packages prices will be a reason for that. Also i believe in the coming years these losses for Tata Sky were further increased and Tata Sky might further loose their NO.3 as well.

While if you see Currently Dishtv is the leader in the DTH market with over 6 million subscriber and is way ahead of their competitors like Sun Direct and Tata Sky. Where Sun Direct is No.2 and Tata Sky at No.3.

[Image: brandreporter.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
wow dishtv is the leader
Thanks given by:
dishtv deservered to be no1
try to findout ur own destiny
Thanks given by:
Quote:
That means Tata Sky now have slipped from its No.2 Position to No.3 Position. I believe its also just because of Heavy losses incurred by Tata Sky in last few years. As per the latest news published few days back that Tata Sky incurred net loss of Rs.806 crore. Also due to high subsriber acquisation cost and might be their higher packages prices will be a reason for that. Also i believe in the coming years these losses for Tata Sky were further increased and Tata Sky might further loose their NO.3 as well.

thats right analize :up: TS has offered packages at heigh prices always Cry thats y the position has slipped downwords,
Thanks given by:
Tata Sky packages could be the reason but its customerbase that have liked the service and continue to enjoy being a part of the well known renowned brand as they accept the service level. As per my personal experience Tata Sky service has done really good to help resolve my issues.
Thanks given by:
As i said earlier Check the Link and quote from Tony D Silva, Where he is clearly saying that Sun Direct is No.2 Now.

Quote:Ques: You must be quite happy with your numbers, reaching the No. 2 slot in two years?

Answer: Yes, especially if you take into account that a majority of our subscription hails from the south though we are a pan-Indian company. We launched in December 2007 and in two years we have been the fastest growing platform in Asia.

Check Link: http://www.financialexpress.com/news/at-...ed/539241/
Thanks given by:
Tata Sky have come up with innovative ads and many strategic marketing steps to stay ahead in the DTH market.
Thanks given by:
Innovative alone would not do any good for them, As they already have very high pricing structure, that they have very high package cost , also their add-ons are again very costly and if if subsribe the channels we used to watch then we have to pay around 450-500 bucks for a month.
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2009, 12:01 PM)sumit0321 Wrote: Innovative alone would not do any good for them, As they already have very high pricing structure, that they have very high package cost , also their add-ons are again very costly and if if subsribe the channels we used to watch then we have to pay around 450-500 bucks for a month.

Adding various feature, being the only PVR provider and also with a service that meets customer needs overall makes Tata Sky a strong brand regardless of current fluctuation in rank.
Thanks given by:
There is no question about the CC ,it is the best among all DTH but in packages and its prices are costliest among all DTH Cry this has to be agreed by all,as Mr.BHAT has quoted this is the main reason to slip its position.only giving good service is not sufficiant ,also they has to provide low tariff packages atleast base packs.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Tata Sky Welcome (TV)" channel ECM PIDs updated on TataSky DTH Services on 03-03-2021 Sathish 0 50 03-03-2021, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  TataSky added "Tata Sky Classroom (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 20-02-2021 Sathish 0 48 02-20-2021, 04:01 PM
  TataSky added "Tata Sky Hits HD (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 20-02-2021 Sathish 0 35 02-20-2021, 03:41 PM
  TataSky removed "Tata Sky Classroom (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 20-02-2021 Sathish 0 45 02-20-2021, 11:00 AM
  TataSky removed "Tata Sky Hits HD (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 20-02-2021 Sathish 0 54 02-20-2021, 10:41 AM
  "Tata Sky Fun Learn - Preschool (TV)" channel removed, "Tata Sky Fun Learn Pre School (TV)" channel added on TataSky DTH Sathish 0 158 02-11-2021, 06:27 PM
  "Tata Sky Fun Learn - Junior (TV)" channel removed, "Tata Sky Fun Learn Junior (TV)" channel added on TataSky DTH Servic Sathish 0 129 02-11-2021, 06:20 PM
  "TS Bollywood Premiere HD (Radio)" channel removed, "Tata Sky Bollywood Premiere HD (Radio)" channel added on TataSky DT Sathish 0 75 01-27-2021, 12:08 PM
  "Tata Sky Fitness (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 18-01-2021 Sathish 0 61 01-18-2021, 06:58 PM
  "Tata Sky Ibaadat (TV)" channel Provider Name updated on TataSky DTH Services on 18-01-2021 Sathish 0 53 01-18-2021, 06:54 PM