Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.61 Average
Tech Query - RF out
Advertisement
I have a technical query. Does Dish TV STB has RF out that can be connected to the RF In of the Internal PC TV Tuner card. I use computer with TV card to watch the TV as I get to record the things.
I asked this Q to a few Dish TV dealers but got conflicting responses. Some said yes, some no.
This situation is similar to having those old TV sets that has only RF In & no AV In capabilities.
Thx
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Yes, it has RF Out . i have ZENEGA 1004iS Dish TV STB .check this picture :
[Image: tv050.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Unfortunately the new STBs now available with Dish TV don't have this connection. I personally asked the dealer to show me the full setup at his shop. The two connections I see to the left of the AV connections in the above pic are now no longer there.
Dealer is now looking for a 2nd hand old STB if available for me that would have this RF out!
May be this is company's way to reduce the cost by reducing the functionality!
Thanks given by:
Quote:May be this is company's way to reduce the cost by reducing the functionality!

That may be cause of not providing the RF connectios in their STBs Sad
Thanks given by:
I have realized that my TV card also has AV In. So I am now thinking of using that port & for audio get RCA to 3.5 mm stereo jack cable to connect sound out from STB to the Line In of PC sound card. So Audio & video can now be processed by the TV card application. I hope this should work.
One question - is the output of STB further having any encryption or whatever that might prevent video capture applications from recording the source?
Thx
Thanks given by:
According to my knowledge there is no encryption in audio and video out.it works in all AV Decoders like TV and amplifiers.i am using a amplifier in all DTH audio output.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement