Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pioneer of 1980s
Advertisement
With a net gross revenue of over Rs. 14 Cr, ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ was the biggest hits of 1989 and the most successful movie of 1980s. It was declared “All Time Blockbuster” and established Salman Khan as one of the shining stars of Bollywood.

Directed by Sooraj R. Barjatya, ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ won all the available filmfare awards including Filmfare award for Best Director, Best Debut Actor Male, Best Debut Actor Female, Best Music, Best Male Playback Singer and Best Lyrics.

Interestingly, the soundtrack for many song’s of ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ was “inspired” or “copied” from their western counterparts. The opening track ‘Aate Jaate’ was inspired by Stevie Wonder’s single, ‘I Just Called to Say I Love You’, ‘Mere Rang Mein Rangne Wali’ was taken from Swedish Rock Bank Europe’s 1986 single, ‘The Final Countdown’ and the theme from Love Story, ‘Where Do I Begin’. The song ‘Aaya Mausam Dosti Ka’ was inspired by Baltimora’s hit, “Tarzan Boy”.

To know more about your favourite movie’s interesting facts and figures, ask for ask for ETC from your DTH cable operator!

Log onto http://www.etc.in/ for more updates and stories on Bollywood!

You can also get interesting updates from ETC on Facebook and @ETCBollywood
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement