Advertisement

Advertisement

Poll: Airtel should recall HD setup boxes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I agree
0%
0 0%
I disagree
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think before you buy Airtel HD Digital TV
Advertisement
My name is Saleem and I am from Cochin. I purchased a HD Digital TV connection from Airtel. Surprisingly it worked for a year and problems started showing! First, the picture wasn't coming! Without even checking what the problem is, the technicians asked me to change the HD setup box! At this point, I did not agree to it wondering why the technician did not suspect anything else like HDMI cable or some problem with the TV? But then after few days, the picture starting appearing but now without sound! I called up the customer care and the guy insisted that i change the HD setup box to resolve the problem. Being curious why the technician was so sure that the problem is due to the HD setup box, I made the technician confessing that all clients who had bought HD setup boxes were asked to change theirs since almost all Airtel HD boxes had problems! The guy is of opinion that the problem could be on one of brands of boxes sourced by Airtel though he is not sure! The worst part is that though Airtel is aware of the problem they make the customers pay for replacing the setup box and a service charge for changing it!! Today I got my setup box changed! I don't know how long this will last, but it is working now. I am a victim and I don't want others to fall for it! So I thought I should warn all those who are planning to go for Airtel Digital TV especially HD connection to think twice!! Do you home work by talking to other clients and decide!! My customer id is XXXXXX, contact email id: XXXXXX

Mod's note:
Appreciate your efforts in pointing the drawbacks. Would be more useful, if you specify the brand name of the set top box too. But revealing personal information like contact number and mail ID are against the rules of the forum

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
even my tata sky hd stb has this issue that if its connected with hd mi wire to lcd tv then it does not give sound mostly, rarely it gives sound, i guess its a software issue that with certain lcd tv's audio does not come
Thanks given by:
Suggest you provide the brand name of the STB which you replaced now alongwith the brand name of the new stb.
Also how much you had to pay for it and also make sure you put it all in writing to Airtel cc with copy to Airtelpresence. (atleast just for record for future reference etc, if needed).
(03-10-2012, 11:34 AM)sasaleem Wrote: My name is Saleem and I am from Cochin. I purchased a HD Digital TV connection from Airtel. Surprisingly it worked for a year and problems started showing! First, the picture wasn't coming! Without even checking what the problem is, the technicians asked me to change the HD setup box! At this point, I did not agree to it wondering why the technician did not suspect anything else like HDMI cable or some problem with the TV? But then after few days, the picture starting appearing but now without sound! I called up the customer care and the guy insisted that i change the HD setup box to resolve the problem. Being curious why the technician was so sure that the problem is due to the HD setup box, I made the technician confessing that all clients who had bought HD setup boxes were asked to change theirs since almost all Airtel HD boxes had problems! The guy is of opinion that the problem could be on one of brands of boxes sourced by Airtel though he is not sure! The worst part is that though Airtel is aware of the problem they make the customers pay for replacing the setup box and a service charge for changing it!! Today I got my setup box changed! I don't know how long this will last, but it is working now. I am a victim and I don't want others to fall for it! So I thought I should warn all those who are planning to go for Airtel Digital TV especially HD connection to think twice!! Do you home work by talking to other clients and decide!! My customer id is XXXXXX, contact email id: XXXXXX

Mod's note:
Appreciate your efforts in pointing the drawbacks. Would be more useful, if you specify the brand name of the set top box too. But revealing personal information like contact number and mail ID are against the rules of the forum
Sorry about posting contact details. Shall remove them. As for brand of the setup box, the faulty one is manufactured by 'JOIINT TECHNOLOGY ELECTRONIC CO. LTD., CHINA'. Since I insisted on giving me a different brand, this time I received box from 'DOLBY LAB'

Thanks given by:
The problem with Airtel is serious! I just found out that all setup box sourced by Airtel from China via Joint Technology Electronic Co Ltd is faulty. Airtel knows about the problem, but they are keep selling it to the customers since Chinese companies don't provide warranty and refund!! Currently, Airtel is sourcing HD setup boxes from Dolby Lab which is supposed to good (have to wait and see!). Airtel should have withdrawn all Chinese boxes and provided a better box to customers free of cost rather than spoiling their reputation.
(03-10-2012, 12:10 PM)sasaleem Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 11:59 AM)sasaleem Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 11:34 AM)sasaleem Wrote: My name is Saleem and I am from Cochin. I purchased a HD Digital TV connection from Airtel. Surprisingly it worked for a year and problems started showing! First, the picture wasn't coming! Without even checking what the problem is, the technicians asked me to change the HD setup box! At this point, I did not agree to it wondering why the technician did not suspect anything else like HDMI cable or some problem with the TV? But then after few days, the picture starting appearing but now without sound! I called up the customer care and the guy insisted that i change the HD setup box to resolve the problem. Being curious why the technician was so sure that the problem is due to the HD setup box, I made the technician confessing that all clients who had bought HD setup boxes were asked to change theirs since almost all Airtel HD boxes had problems! The guy is of opinion that the problem could be on one of brands of boxes sourced by Airtel though he is not sure! The worst part is that though Airtel is aware of the problem they make the customers pay for replacing the setup box and a service charge for changing it!! Today I got my setup box changed! I don't know how long this will last, but it is working now. I am a victim and I don't want others to fall for it! So I thought I should warn all those who are planning to go for Airtel Digital TV especially HD connection to think twice!! Do you home work by talking to other clients and decide!! My customer id is XXXXXX, contact email id: XXXXXX

Mod's note:
Sorry about posting contact details. Shall remove them. As for brand of the setup box, the faulty one is manufactured by 'JOIINT TECHNOLOGY ELECTRONIC CO. LTD., CHINA'. Since I insisted on giving me a different brand, this time I received box from 'DOLBY LAB'

Thanks given by:
Saleem, Dolby Lab will not be the name of the manufacturer. Please recheck and confirm.
Thanks given by:
Also, I believe the HD STB supplied earlier by Airtel was the one manufactured by Kaonmedia Co.Ltd. It seems you have got something different??
Yes I have, a Chinese one! Probably the one I had the most problems? But Airtel is a cheat! Knowingly they are trying to get rid off the faulty boxes and make money! Most of the Airtel HD clients in Kerala had to change the box which means they are cheating customers in Kerala!
Thanks given by:
saleem you still not sure about the Manufacturer of your Faulty Box.
Please share with us so we can be aware of it
Thanks given by:
Mine too, 'KaonMedia' HD receiver and using for the last 9+ months and no issues so far.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 281 117,701 09-26-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: New Channel ''Airtel Korean TV'' added by ADTV nairrk 0 204 09-25-2020, 07:44 AM
  DTH Updates: Value Sports Pack from Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 274 09-22-2020, 11:17 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Test Channel 3 added on Ch.499 nairrk 0 487 09-19-2020, 09:37 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Test Channel 2 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 17-09-2020 Sathish 1 130 09-19-2020, 09:35 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Test Channel 4 added by ADTV nairrk 0 302 09-18-2020, 09:22 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Test Channel 4 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 17-09-2020 Sathish 0 99 09-17-2020, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sathish
  AirtelDigitalTV added "Airtel Star Promo Home 2 (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 16-09-2020 Sathish 0 87 09-16-2020, 04:02 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV removed "Airtel Special Offers (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 16-09-2020 Sathish 0 74 09-16-2020, 03:59 AM
  AirtelDigitalTV removed "Airtel Punjabi Home (TV)" channel from its DTH platform on 16-09-2020 Sathish 0 99 09-16-2020, 03:55 AM