Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Transmission signals delayed by 2 sec on all mpeg4 DTH.
Advertisement
Dear Friends, on saturday while waching IPL matches i came to notice one important thing that Airtel dth will have a delay of 2 seconds in live IPL matches. and its fast in dishtv by 2 seconds.

So next day i went to one dealer's shop in evening and checked in all the dth and found that not only airtel but infact all the DTH working on mpeg 4 are having delay of 2 seconds. like Airtel BIGTV AND Sundirect they all are showing match telecast 2 seconds late then dishtv.

Then i asked the dealer why thier is delay in Airtel, bigtv and Sun direct as compared to Dishtv then he replied its because of mpeg4 uses heavy compressionwhich will take more processing time and also the file has to be decompressed also there fore their is a delay in this.

This shows still MPEG2 is much better then MPEG 4.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
I think Mpeg4 will be faster and better than Mpeg 2
The delay is normal
Even there is delay in wired network
and DTH are wireless so delay is normal

u know one thing DD direct transmits faster than Dish Tv
so i think it depends on the Provider not compression

But we can store many channels in mpeg4 compression than Mpeg2
கந்தல் ஆனாலும் தாய் மடி போல் ஒரு சுகம் வருமா.....வருமா...
சொர்க்கம் சென்றாலும் சொந்த ஊர் போல் சுதந்திரம் வருமா.... வருமா ...
Thanks given by:
Well it depends upon compression as well, because heavy and higher the compression takes more time in processing in stb and also the file has to be decompressed also due to to which siganl gets lagged behind and their is delay in transmission and its more in case of mpeg 4.

and Delay does matter in case of live telecast of matches like cricket it really does not, as when your neighbour starts shouting on a 4 or 6 and you are still waiting for the ball to delivered.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Star Utsav to switch to MPEG4 DVB-S2 signal format from 15 Nov nairrk 0 817 10-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: DD DG assesses preparedness of MPEG4 STB roll-out nairrk 0 604 12-08-2017, 09:57 AM
  General News: Prasar Bharati to shut analogue terrestrial transmission in 19 cities in Dec nairrk 0 697 12-06-2017, 06:49 PM
  General News: Sony reconnects signals to Seven Star following interim arrangement by TDSAT nairrk 0 828 11-06-2017, 09:22 AM
  Breaking News: MIB orders WB to stop transmission for one day! Deep.S 0 862 01-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Deep.S