Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Trulli rues ‘very unlucky’ timing
Advertisement
Jarno Trulli was disappointed not to finish higher than fourth at Sepang after his front-row starting position had promised much more.

The Italian ran second to Nico Rosberg in the race’s opening stint but was leapfrogged by Jenson Button at the first pit stops and lost further ground when the rain arrived – while his team-mate Timo Glock profited from a tactical masterstroke to take an eventual third place.

Trulli felt he had been ill-served by Lady Luck in a race that turned into something of a lottery.

“For some it played well, for others not so well,” he told reporters.

“I am one of those guys who unfortunately was not so lucky.

“We were running well, but I was always on the wrong tyres at the wrong moment.

“The team had the two cars, mine fighting for a podium and the other further back, so they took a different strategy decision – a more conventional one for me and more aggressive for Timo.

“For Timo it worked out really well, and even though on the full-wet tyres I was the quickest car, it didn’t pay off enough for me.

“Unfortunately then I had to stop again – I had the fuel to finish but I was on the wrong tyres.

“I didn’t make any mistakes but I was very unlucky today, so no podium.”

Asked whether he was nevertheless encouraged by Toyota’s strong pace, Trulli said: “Sure, sure. It’s just a shame that I’m always missing a little bit of luck.

“In qualifying I missed the pole by just a few hundredths; in the race I missed the podium just because I was unlucky.

“It’s a shame because none of these things were down to me – it was just an eventful weekend.

“And even though finishing fourth and third for Timo is a great result for the team, I finish with a bitter taste in my mouth because I could have been higher up.”

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  French Open 2010: TV Schedule & Timing for Tennis Tournament KRISHNASAGAR 0 2,164 05-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: KRISHNASAGAR
  Force India's Sutil improves timing in F1 test session Sathish 0 885 03-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Sathish