Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tyre marks interference
Advertisement
I am getting some kind of interference on the Dish TV picture. It appears like a small patch that resembles vehicle tyre marks scrolling up n down on screen. This is very thin and noticed after a careful close look at the screen. Signal quality is good around 88%
Am wondering how to get rid of the same.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Are you getting this on any particular channel or on all channels.??
Thanks given by:
Please check ur TV if its coming in all channels,may be some problems in that, i have no problems in Dish TV service.or may be some power induction in between ur cable comes from Dish.
Thanks given by:
It's on all channels and feels like it is inserted on top of whatever is displayed on screen, be it menu screen or channels. It is not there if I just run STB without signal cable connected to it. So I believe it's coming somewhere from signal and/or between dish antenna and cable path.
It's very small but is certainly there. I plan to check the entire cable path now.. those tyre marks kind of lines were not there earlier as such.
Thanks given by:
Change The Audio Video Cable... Else The RF Cable.... No Problems With The DISH Reception...
[Image: izvqcn.jpg]

wIcKeD mEnTaLiTy
Thanks given by:
Here's how it looks like...see the circled areas of the attached screenshot.

Thanks given by:
I Think its mostly due to power induction to and for cable on the way,2ndly of cable is getting shortcircuted connecting [+ and - ], means the cable may be got some cuts in midway .only i presume this.
Thanks given by:
what's this power induction..does it mean the signal cable is running close to mains power wires?
Thanks given by:
Yes,close at the cable or crossing the cable on the way.some cables r getting problems due to this.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all for your help and clarification on this issue. This has given me direction to do the debugging.

I find that this is not coming from the Dish antenna. If I remove the signal cable at LNB end, the lines are still there on the menu screen. So I believe Dish and LNB is not a culprit here.

Lines go away the moment I disconnect the cable at the IF In port of STB. Thereafter if let main central conductive wire or the outer ground wire touch any conductive part of STB e.g. even the screws, then those fine lines reappear on screen.
I am having a few meters of old RF signal cable with me left over by the old Cable TV boy. If I just connect that to IF In of STB no such lines are coming so most likley the main signal cable running from LNB to STB could be the issue.

I traced the full path of cable and while I did not notice it coming nearby to any mains power lines, I found out one more thing...the delear who did the install seems to have put a join in between. I guess the Dish TV connection came with 15 meters of wire and delear has added some more wire to it by joining them at a point in between, which is inaccessible to me as it's somewhere along the wall outside of house towards the way to terrece. I could see black insulation on it. may be something is wrong at that point. Past few weeks of returning monsoon might have done some damage at that point. Water might have seeped inside! Is wet conductor inside prone to generating such interference?
Thanks given by:
Advertisement