Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Ubuntu 9.04 Free CDs: Orders Are Taken Now - The Jaunty Jackalope
Advertisement
There's only one week left until the final release of Ubuntu 9.04 and, if you are anxious to get your hands on some nice CDs with the new Ubuntu operating system, then you should pre-order them right now from Ubuntu's ShipIt service, free of charge (a free account or an OpenID is required). They have started taking the orders a few minutes ago, so hurry up!

Also, if you want to count the days until Ubuntu 9.04 is released – which will happen on April 23rd – you can get a nice script to post on your website. This time, Canonical also added some very nice and animated countdown scripts. Each day, the image will change, counting the days remaining until the release of Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope). Choose your favourite right now from here!

For those of you who don't know yet, Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) will come with a new notification system, faster boot times, GNOME 2.26 desktop environment, community desktop themes and brand new artwork. Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) will be powered by Linux kernel 2.6.28, which will offer support for many new devices (wireless, webcams, mobile phones, etc.) and the evolutionary EXT4 filesystem.

Although many of you have downloaded the Beta release of Jaunty Jackalope, later tonight we will introduce you to the Release Candidate, which will be available for download right here at Softpedia. At first glance, you won't notice many changes compared to the Beta version, because most of them are internal, like bugfixes, improvements, security and software updates.

You can download the Release Candidate version of Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) right now from here.

Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Alternate i386 (ISO)
Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Alternate amd64 (ISO)
Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Alternate i386 (torrent)
Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Alternate amd64 (torrent)
Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Desktop i386 (ISO)
Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Desktop amd64 (ISO)
Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Desktop i386 (torrent)
Ubuntu 9.04 RC (Jaunty Jackalope) Desktop amd64 (torrent)

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Just now I have placed the order for Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope. :happy:

You can also place the order from the below link. :up:

https://shipit.ubuntu.com
Thanks given by:
Even i have placed the order after seeing u r post in other forumSmile.I am going to be a new Linux userSmileSmileThanks Sathish for u r support.I have placed the request.what is the time taken for them to deliver the free copy?I am also having 1 doubt can i able to install it as i havent yet installed the earlier version of Ubuntu.
Thanks given by:
It takes 10-14 days to get the CD. :up:

Yes you can install the latest version. Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks sathishSmile can i use same software that i am using it win Xp.Example for media player i am using Vlc media player,jet audio etc; can i use it in ubuntu?
Thanks given by:
Yes Arun, you can use both the players in Ubuntu. :up:
Thanks given by:
Thanks for clarifying my doubtSmile what is the special about Ubuntu?I think u r using this OS for couple of months from now.Can u pls tell me the advantages and disadvantages of it.Kindly also compare WinXP with Ubuntu.

Thanks in adavanceSmileSmile
Thanks given by:
I am also new to Linux but now i installed that Ubuntu with help of Satish anna

I we are worked a lot with Xp means it is somewhat difficult to understand Ubuntu

i am now using Ubuntu 8.10
It is fast when compared to Xp
All the needed softwares are pre installed
such as office applications,image editing tool,Dvd/CD burner,Games,media players,Mozilla browser,Chatting softwares,.................and many more
கந்தல் ஆனாலும் தாய் மடி போல் ஒரு சுகம் வருமா.....வருமா...
சொர்க்கம் சென்றாலும் சொந்த ஊர் போல் சுதந்திரம் வருமா.... வருமா ...
Thanks given by:
Thats good that all software are pre installed in UbuntuSmileSmile what games they r having?same like windows providing solitaire etc?
Thanks given by:
Yes Brother u are right
But having many games
Windows only having Card games with Pinball
But Ubuntu having different kind of games but all are simple
It is having Sudoku
HERE IS THE LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE IN UBUNTU 8.10
1.Aisleriot solitaire
2.Black jack
3.chess
4.Five or more
5.Four in a row
6.Freecell solitaire
7.Gnometris
7.Lagno
8.Klotski
9.mahjongg
7.Mines
8.Nibbles
9.Robots
10.same GNOME
11.Sudoku
12.Tali
13.Tetravex

AND SOFTWARES LIKE
open office 2.4
F-spot photo manager
Gimp image editor
Evolution mail (email program)
and many more
I dont know how to take screen shot please some body explain me how to take screen shot while clicking a menu
கந்தல் ஆனாலும் தாய் மடி போல் ஒரு சுகம் வருமா.....வருமா...
சொர்க்கம் சென்றாலும் சொந்த ஊர் போல் சுதந்திரம் வருமா.... வருமா ...
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Microsoft Teams chat service now comes with a free tier to take on Slack nairrk 0 590 07-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Facebook launches free version of enterprise communications app Workplace for NGOs nairrk 0 583 06-21-2018, 06:57 PM
  General News: Google Files Go lets you free up space on your smartphone nairrk 0 643 11-08-2017, 07:46 AM
  General News: Microsoft to end last free Windows 10 upgrades in December nairrk 0 606 11-06-2017, 09:12 AM
  General News: Google ‘Fast Pair’ brings hassle-free Bluetooth pairing for devices running Android.. nairrk 0 715 11-01-2017, 02:04 PM
  General News: How to build your own Email Signatures for free nairrk 0 690 09-28-2017, 06:20 PM
  General News: Facebook extends a helping hand to find free wifi around you nairrk 0 524 07-03-2017, 05:02 PM
  General News: Datamail, world’s first free linguistic email service now accessible on computer nairrk 0 739 12-28-2016, 08:52 AM
  General News: Opera launches free unlimited VPN on its desktop browser... nairrk 0 757 09-20-2016, 12:48 PM
  General News: Now book free domain name, paid email ids in 6 Indian scripts rahul1117_kumar 0 534 09-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Last Post: rahul1117_kumar