Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Dish Home DTH Nepal HD DVR Snaps
Advertisement
Dish Home DTH Nepal HD DVR Snaps

This "Latens" brand set-top box can tune symbol rate upto 53000KsPs in QPSK modulation, which is definitely great Big Grin

Thanks to my best friend Mr.P Paudel from Nepal for sharing these images.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Nice images and thanks for sharing Mr. Vinay Smile
BTW, Its not a DVR. Isn't it? what for is the USB slot?
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2012, 11:18 AM)samanth Wrote: Nice images and thanks for sharing Mr. Vinay Smile
BTW, Its not a DVR. Isn't it? what for is the USB slot?

It is a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) with a USB slot for recording Videos from the TV channels on a pen drive or external hard disk. The box is compact so there is no internal hard disk or internal power supply. Also JPEG photos, MPEG, WMV, AVI, MKV Videos, and WMA, MP3 songs on a USB drive can be played in the PVR software of the box as shown in the last pic above.
The RJ45 LAN port and USB slot are also used for software upgrade/fault repair by service engineers.

Thanks given by:
dear vinay,

I was trying to send u a private msg, but couldn't since I need to have at least 5 replies.

well, I want to ask u smthg about the latens DVR (DV3 s2 satellite - dont know if it is DVR s2), which was been being in use by Dish home, Nepal. Recently, dish-home nepal has come up with a smart-box which can record TV programs into USB.

I am wondering why USB is NOT working on the previous DVR, and since I don't want to buy the new smart box, how can I use the previous DVR as the remote has all the function keys for recording, play/pause etc.

I want to know if I can update the software, or do u think there are other ways to make it in use.

Please help me in this matter.

thanks

lamhey (from kathmandu, nepal)
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2012, 04:02 PM)lamhey Wrote: dear vinay,

I was trying to send u a private msg, but couldn't since I need to have at least 5 replies.

well, I want to ask u smthg about the latens DVR (DV3 s2 satellite - dont know if it is DVR s2), which was been being in use by Dish home, Nepal. Recently, dish-home nepal has come up with a smart-box which can record TV programs into USB.

I am wondering why USB is NOT working on the previous DVR, and since I don't want to buy the new smart box, how can I use the previous DVR as the remote has all the function keys for recording, play/pause etc.

I want to know if I can update the software, or do u think there are other ways to make it in use.

thanks

Hi Lamhey,
You will have to contact the Dish Home Nepal customer care for activating the DVR facility on your set-top box.
They will then send an OTA update to activate the USB port.

Also I will ask my best friend who is a Dish Home dth engineer from Pokhara, Nepal and reply here within this week :-)

Thanks given by:
(07-15-2012, 04:15 PM)vinay_kumar Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 04:02 PM)lamhey Wrote: dear vinay,

thanks

Hi Lamhey,
You will have to contact the Dish Home Nepal customer care for activating the DVR facility on your set-top box.
They will then send an OTA update to activate the USB port.

Also I will ask my best friend who is a Dish Home dth engineer from Pokhara, Nepal and reply here within this week :-)

dear sir,

thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

I have already talked with them, but they are insisting on getting the new one, ie. smart box.

By the way, what is OTA update, and how to do that?

I am really wondering if my old box has USB port and also those function keys in the remote, why can't I make use of them?

Thanks again, I will be looking forward to hear from you.

lamhey

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Frequency Wise Channel Updates of ABS Free Dish on ABS 2 at 75.0° East Sathish 140 27,888 01-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Sathish
  Satellite Updates: Sakshi TV channel removed from ABS Free Dish Sathish 0 1,042 12-30-2017, 08:13 PM
  Satellite Updates: Pitaara channel added on ABS Free Dish Sathish 1 1,056 12-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  Satellite Updates: Maha Mazza channel added on ABS Free Dish Sathish 0 943 12-22-2017, 12:09 PM
  Satellite Updates: India Watch channel removed from ABS Free Dish Sathish 0 1,083 12-15-2017, 12:03 PM
  Satellite Updates: Assam Talks channel removed from ABS Free Dish Sathish 0 1,058 12-01-2017, 08:54 PM
  DTH Updates: Live Today removed from ABS Free Dish... Mr.Bhat 2 1,107 10-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  Breaking News: France 24 added in ABS Free Dish.. Mr.Bhat 1 1,188 08-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: Kalki Kannada Removed from ABS Free Dish.. Mr.Bhat 0 833 08-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  DTH Updates: newsFLASH & K News channels removed from ABS Free Dish on ABS 2 at 75.0° East Sathish 0 1,108 07-18-2017, 11:59 AM