Oct 22: 1st ODI in Mumbai

Oct 25: 2nd ODI in Pune

Oct 29: 3rd ODI in UPCA

Nov 1: 1st T20I in Delhi

Nov 4: 2nd T20I in Rajkot

Nov 7: 3rd T20I in Thiruvananthapuram.
Advertisement
India A vs New Zealand A, Four-Day Games, Vijaywada

The selection committee also announced the India 'A' squad for two four-day games to be played against New Zealand 'A', starting September 23. While Karun Nair will lead the side in the games to be played in Vijayawada, Rishabh Pant will don the wicketkeeping gloves.

India A: Priyank Panchal, R Samarth, Sudip Chatterjee, Shreyas Iyer, Ankit Bawne, Karun Nair (Captain), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shahbaz Nadeem, K Gowtham, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Ankit Rajpoot
Rahul, Shami, Umesh out; Karthik, Thakur included for NZ ODIs

Dinesh Karthik returns to the One-Day International fold for the three-match series against New Zealand, the BCCI announced on Saturday (October 14). Shardul Thakur and Shikhar Dhawan were also included in the 15-man squad announced, while KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav were left out.

Karthik, who last played a one-dayer for India in July earlier in the year against Windies, was not picked for the one-day series against Australia. He, however, was named in the T20 squad for the three-match series against Australia, but didn't get a game in the two played.

Dhawan too missed the one-dayers against Australia having gone back to attend to his ill wife, but now returns to the one-day squad.

KL Rahul faced the axe after a string of low scores against Sri Lanka and not having had game time against Australia. Umesh and Shami, too, met a similar fate having not done enough to impress the selectors in the limited opportunities they got.

More to follow...

SQUAD: Virat Kohli ©, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shardul Thakur.

Source:
Uncapped Astle, Phillips added in ODI squad for India series

Uncapped wicketkeeper Glenn Phillips and legspinner Todd Astle have been selected in New Zealand's squad for the upcoming One-Day International series against India. New Zealand, who had earlier named nine players in the squad, have added the remaining six from the current A side for the upcoming ODI and the T20I series.

While the 20-year old Phillips has featured in a T20I, Astle has played two Tests and two T20Is. However, they are yet to make their ODI debut.

Speaking about the inclusion of the duo, selector Gavin Larsen said, "Todd has been one of the best white-ball players in domestic cricket the last few seasons and he's backed that up with a strong showing for New Zealand A. Todd brings all-round skill to the squad, quality legspin, is athletic in the field as well as being able to contribute with the bat.

"Glenn has made an immediate effect in domestic cricket and has certainly taken his opportunity over here with New Zealand A, including an outstanding 140 not out. Glenn is an option for us with the gloves in both Twenty20s and ODIs, so we feel we have our bases covered with the 15 we've picked."

Apart from the uncapped duo, Matt Henry, Henry Nicholls, Colin Munro and left-arm spinner George Worker have also been added to the side. They will join the squad following New Zealand A's tour of India.

The hard-hitting Munro is seen as one of the options to partner Martin Guptill at the top of the order. Head coach Mike Hesson said, "The beauty of Colin is he is a boundary hitter. He doesn't so much adapt to conditions, he plays one way - batting in the middle order can make that difficult, and he has had success since we moved him up in T20s."

Legspinner Ish Sodhi will replace Worker in the T20I squad, while Tom Bruce will also join the squad in place of Ross Taylor for the shortest format. Both Bruce and Sodhi will travel with the ODI squad, but will play only in the T20Is.

Worker, who batted at No. 3 in New Zealand's series against Ireland, is another option the team management is considering as an opener.

ODI squad: Kane Williamson ©, Todd Astle, Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Adam Milne, Colin Munro, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, George Worker

T20I squad: Kane Williamson ©, Todd Astle, Trent Boult, Tom Bruce, Colin de Grandhomme, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Adam Milne, Colin Munro, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee

Source:
Full Schedule

[Image: screenshot-www.cricbuzz.com_2017-10-14_18-54-32.jpg]
Astle ruled out of India series; Sodhi named replacement

Ish Sodhi was drafted into the New Zealand one-day squad on Thursday (October 19) after Todd Astle was ruled out of the upcoming limited-overs series against India. Sodhi was originally only part of the T20I squad but a groin strain to Astle has forced the New Zealand selectors to rope in the 24-year-old wrist spinner.

Read:
1st ODI: India vs New Zealand, at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai 22nd Oct

Match scheduled to start at 1:30 PM IST / 8:00 AM GMT

Teams:

India (From): Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli©, Kedar Jadhav, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni(w), Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Dinesh Karthik

New Zealand (From): Martin Guptill, Tom Latham(w), Kane Williamson©, Ross Taylor, George Worker, Colin Munro, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Colin de Grandhomme, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Tom Bruce, Glenn Phillips, Adam Milne, Matt Henry
India won the toss and chose to bat

++

India 280/8 (50.0 Overs)
New Zealand 284/4 (49.0 Overs)

New Zealand won by 6 wickets

PLAYER OF THE MATCH: Tom Latham
Full Scorecard:

[Image: screenshot-www.cricbuzz.com_2017-10-23_07-09-04.jpg]

Credit: Cricbuzz...
Shreyas Iyer and Mohammed Siraj Named in T20 Squad Against Kiwis

The Indian selectors decided to bring in Shreyas Iyer and Mohammed Siraj for the T20I series against New Zealand. Virat Kohli will lead the team as expected and Ashish Nehra will be a part of the squad only for the first T20I against the Kiwis as he retires at the Ferozeshah Kotla.

The players picked goes Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashish Nehra, Mohammed Siraj.

While Shreyas has been performing consistently for the ‘A’ team, Siraj rose to the scene during the IPL this season as he proved to be a handy bet for Sunrisers Hyderabad.

Speaking to CricketNext prior to the first warm-up game against the Kiwis, Shreyas had said: “I feel like I am very much part of the team. The team has some quality batsmen at present, but I know my time will come and I just need to be patient and score runs consistently.

“I am not someone who believes in getting into other people’s space. I like doing my own job and the interactions that I have had with the members of the senior team has been more about trying to learn from them and not about my position in the pecking order.”

Kohli has also made it very clear that the team will look at as many youngsters as possible as it prepares for the 2019 World Cup in England.

SQUAD: Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashish Nehra, Mohammed Siraj.

Source:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: The Ashes 2019 - Schedule, news updates/Results nairrk 0 407 07-16-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  Update: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 - News/match updates/Results nairrk 92 1,258 07-15-2019, 07:13 AM
  Update: IPL 2019 - Match updates/Results nairrk 102 2,818 05-13-2019, 07:12 AM
  Update: India Retain ICC Test Championship Mace ​Third Year Running nairrk 0 246 04-02-2019, 09:46 AM
  Update: Australia tour of India 2019 - News, Schedule & Score updates nairrk 15 810 03-14-2019, 07:17 AM
  Update: India tour of New Zealand, 2019 - Schedule/news & match updates nairrk 14 841 02-10-2019, 06:33 PM
  Update: India tour of Australia, 2018-19 - News/match updates nairrk 45 1,707 01-18-2019, 06:22 PM
  General News: Australia's limited-overs tour of India to start on February 24 nairrk 0 407 01-10-2019, 01:06 PM
  Update: India tour of Australia 2018-19 - News/ Match updates nairrk 19 799 12-10-2018, 12:16 PM
  General News: ICC Womens World T20 2018 - News & Match updates nairrk 11 859 11-25-2018, 08:32 AM