Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Reliance LYF slashes prices of Water 7, Wind 5, 6 and Flame 1 by up to Rs.3000
Advertisement
[Image: reliance_jio_lyf_flame_1_launched.jpg]

After slashing prices of its LYF-branded handsets last month, Reliance Digital has one again given a price cut to some of its smartphones. As the commercial launch of Reliance Jio is continues to get delayed, it seems like the company is finding it difficult to sell its inventory. This is especially true considering the fact that smartphones with better features are available from other manufacturers at lower prices. Now, Reliance Digital has further slashed the prices of LYF handsets by up to Rs 3,000.

The Reliance Digital LYF Water 7, can now be purchased for Rs 9,999, as opposed to Rs 12,999, a cut of Rs 3,000. In the Wind-series, the Wind 5 is now priced at Rs 5,599, as opposed to Rs 6,599, whereas the Wind 6 now retails at Rs 4,999, as opposed to Rs 5,999, a drop of Rs 1,000. Lastly, the Flame 1, will now set you back by Rs 4,199, as opposed to Rs 4,999, a drop of Rs 800.

One of the key highlights of these smartphones is the support for 4G LTE and VoLTE for voice calling. Reliance Jio is also banking on its content services which include JioBeats, the music streaming service, JioOnDemand, to watch movies on the go and JioPlay, the live TV streaming service. The catalogue of Reliance Jio apps also include JioDrive, a cloud storage service to backup your music, videos, documents, text messages, and JioSecurity, an antivirus app for Android smartphones.

Reliance Digital has also been bundling three months free unlimited 4G data and unlimited voice calls to the buyers as an introductory offer. While the company recently launched the introductory offer for select Samsung users, those who don’t own a Samsung smartphone and want to try out Reliance Jio 4G can opt for a LYF smartphone.

We have used one of the LYF-branded smartphone – while it doesn’t offer too much on the performance front, it could be a good option as a secondary device, just to get the most from the introductory unlimited voice and data services.

Source:
Advertisement
They have to reduce the prices of all handsets bcoz they r not upto the standards and not worth for .... As far as mine WIND 4 now the mobile is working very slow... even the sites r loading slowly as compared to other Handsets... even lower priced mobile is loading fast..
Yday there was a new SW patch for bug fixing and optimizations... i have downloaded and the patch is not installing ... it says as there is no sufficiant space in system... actually even My Jio is installed in External MMC.. i have moved most Apps to SD Card ... stilll.... tried 3 times but failed...
Buying heigh priced LYF is not suggested.... for Free Data its ok with lowest priced handset..
Thanks given by:
Bhat sir, they are using free internet as a weapon to fight against competitors and to attract more customers and the price cut is also part of it to attract more customers opting for lyf phones as to provide more features in a reasonable price.
Thanks given by:
Yes, you are right. Low priced phones are worth because of the free data comes with it. Flame 3 has great demand and it is not available now..!!

Many complaints on Flame 1 especially heating even on voice call..!! Sleepy
If we really want those features then LYF is bad selection surely... we can buy other brand handsets surely .... we can buy only for free Data.. Reliance knows this temptations... so they r cashing now... BTW My Son in law wanted to buy Flame for Free Data.. presently its not available bcoz of heavy demands in our area...
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2016, 01:42 PM)Mr.Bhat Wrote: If we really want those features then LYF is bad selection surely... we can buy other brand handsets    surely ....  we can buy only for free Data.. Reliance knows this temptations... so they r cashing now... BTW My Son in law wanted to buy Flame for Free Data.. presently its not available bcoz of heavy demands in our area...

Flame-3 sold out everywhere. Not even available in Online stores.
(I checked with many Mobile shops including Reliance store in my area but none have flame 3, few shops have Flame 1 which is much worst phone according to reviews).!!!!
Yes .. even in few Reliance shop only handsets over Rs 10000/- is available... my cousin is searching from noon for Flame handsets but in vain...
BTW for the 1st time Jio is doing some thing ... now they have changed the network INfo as i seen in my handset network... signals r improved...
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Reliance Jio working on smartphones for Rs. 4,000 by 2020 nairrk 0 193 09-24-2020, 07:17 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: Reliance Jio not to launch any smartphone nairrk 0 217 06-25-2020, 07:52 AM
  Update: Reliance Jio tops 4G download speed chart, Vodafone leads in upload: Trai data nairrk 0 257 02-14-2020, 12:36 PM
  General News: Reliance Jio is not trying to import its JioPhone devices from outside nairrk 0 473 07-16-2018, 12:11 PM
  General News: Reliance JioPhone gets access to Google Maps through latest update nairrk 0 521 07-11-2018, 06:30 PM
  General News: Moto E5, Moto E5 Plus launched in India with prices starting at Rs 9,999.. nairrk 0 484 07-10-2018, 06:28 PM
  General News: Reliance JioPhone 2 is official, comes with QWERTY keypad and 2.4-inch QVGA screen nairrk 0 535 07-05-2018, 12:16 PM
  General News: HTC Desire 12, Desire 12+ launched in India: Prices, specifications and features nairrk 0 463 06-06-2018, 02:54 PM
  General News: Reliance JioPhone is the top-selling feature phone in global market: Report nairrk 0 550 05-26-2018, 10:52 AM
  General News: Honor 7A, Honor 7C launched in India, prices start from Rs 8,999 nairrk 0 604 05-22-2018, 01:08 PM