Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Update about Sun Direct Realignment
Advertisement
Just now i had contacted The Sun Direct Distributor about the realignment update.
His :
Quote:Sun Direct has moved to Measat 3 @91.5*E and has 4 FREQUENCIES. its near Insat 4b .so now all Sun Direct channels r coming from the new satelitte.if any body doesnt get these channels will be realigned to perfection.it may shift to Asiasat 5 in the days to come as they already started testing in that satelitte.when they shift to new satelitte we r going to realign.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
Quote:Scheduled for launch in December 2006, MEASAT-3 will employ 24 C-band and 24 Ku-band transponders, each providing 36 MHz of bandwidth over a 15-year minimum service life. MEASAT-3's C-band payload will cover Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australia. The Ku-band payload has been designed to provide high-powered flexible service options for the development of data services and Direct-to-Home applications in Malaysia, Indonesia, India and China.

Astro uses 10 tps according to Lyngsat , BIG TV using 8 tps . I think SUN DIRECT will use 6 tps .

http://www.lyngsat.com/mea3.html
Thanks given by:
Some more details about this satelitte :
[Image: aviarysatbeamscompictur.jpg] [Image: aviarysatbeamscompictur.png]

Thanks given by:
What about middle east viewers can they get SD now ? I heard that they are not receiving Reliance from MEASAT
Thanks given by:
They may have to install bigger dish i think to get Sun Direct but as the footprint shows they may get.
Thanks given by:
thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks given by:
Hi, any update on to which satellite they have finally decided?

Cheers
[Image: indiandthsig.php]
Thanks given by:
There is no update by the side of Sundirect,they r testing in Asiasat5 but i think they will remain in Mesat for the timeebeing.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mr Bhat, they were using Mesat for HD transmission, not sure about SD transmission. Friends say there were no signals from AS5 yesterday.

For HD users they used to provide a bigger dish (centered) between Insat and Mesat.

The signals have generally become weak and so if there is any sign of rain there is pixelization and the signal fades with even a drizzle which was not the case before and gets lost with rain.
[Image: indiandthsig.php]
Thanks given by:
U R Welcome friend :up: perhaps the signal level is down bcoz of the shift of Satelitte as mentioned in indiasatworld.any one can realign the dish with 2* will surely get good signals in my opinion.we can see the differance in Dish TV and DDD+ also with 1.5*.most of the time specially in rainy season the users r getting low signals or not getting the dd service.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sun Direct channel list with channel number updated on 17-05-2021 Sathish 0 43 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sathish
  Sun Direct channel list with channel number updated on 16-05-2021 Sathish 0 59 Yesterday, 09:05 AM
  Sun Direct Channel List latest on 14-05-2021 Sathish 0 70 05-14-2021, 06:42 AM
  Sun Direct services and channel list with LCN updated on 13-05-2021 Sathish 0 76 05-13-2021, 05:19 PM
  Sun Direct added "Gubbare TV (TV)" channel on its DTH platform on 12-05-2021 Sathish 0 56 05-12-2021, 03:48 PM
  Sun Direct services and channel list with LCN updated on 11-05-2021 Sathish 0 51 05-11-2021, 09:11 PM
  DTH Updates: Sky RR (Data) channel added on Sun Direct DTH Service Sathish 0 387 07-23-2020, 09:46 PM
  DTH Updates: PMT PID changed for News Nation channel on Sun Direct Sathish 1 332 07-23-2020, 11:01 AM
  IDF Exclusive: Sky OTA (Data) channel added on Sun Direct Sathish 1 364 07-10-2020, 10:38 PM
  DTH Updates: Sun Direct channels list with LCN as on 09-07-2020 Sathish 0 400 07-09-2020, 01:56 AM