Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are those numeric numbers on screen ?
Advertisement
I am sure you have noticed those numeric values/numbers pop up al on a sudden on channels!! DO you have any idea what are those.
Something 00534****** or 032FC***
Any idea?
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
It is your smart card number
Thanks given by:
i too got the same doubt !!!
Thanks given by:
They are the i.p numbers of your set top box
Thanks given by:
(04-25-2012, 07:06 PM)Satishchittuluri Wrote: They are the i.p numbers of your set top box

Are you sure about that.It wouldn't make sense.
IPV4 has format of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx decimal numbers.
Usually used to identify PC connected to internet which is unique.
IPV6 usually represented in hex 8 numbers.No way it's IP.

Anyways no disrespect intended just saying bro peace.I would like to know too just for fun.
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2012, 01:09 AM)vishal8492 Wrote:
(04-25-2012, 07:06 PM)Satishchittuluri Wrote: They are the i.p numbers of your set top box

Anyways no disrespect intended just saying bro peace.I would like to know too just for fun.

Its the smart card update i.e. your smart card number converted to hexadecimel which shows on the screen when key updates are sent to your card over the air or oth update...this happens on a frequent basis or is a continous process sometimes every 15 mins. In NDS the card number converted to hexa decimel shows up on screen..tata sky also uses the same encrytion system....dish tv shows your actual card number flashing on the screen because they use conax a different encryption system...all encryption systems have a unique way of doing this...to ensure content is not pirated or only you only see what you pay for in other words...!
Thanks given by:
when you know this is hexadecimal and 8 characters, why you suspect its not IPV6 ? Its displayed to track any illegal transmissions. Even broadcasters also use one of the encryption methods and that too are displayed on the screen.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2012, 09:18 AM)ravimdxb Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 01:09 AM)vishal8492 Wrote:

Its the smart card update i.e. your smart card number converted to hexadecimel which shows on the screen when key updates are sent to your card over the air or oth update...this happens on a frequent basis or is a continous process sometimes every 15 mins. In NDS the card number converted to hexa decimel shows up on screen..tata sky also uses the same encrytion system....dish tv shows your actual card number flashing on the screen because they use conax a different encryption system...all encryption systems have a unique way of doing this...to ensure content is not pirated or only you only see what you pay for in other words...!

Yes, the reply is partially correct, The number on your screen is called a "finger print" it is used to identify the box numbers/smart card number of the box which is receiving the finger print. the code is hexa decimal and which in turn converted to decimal will give you partial number of the box/smart card. this is used to identify piracy of boardcasting signal.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Change of Channel numbers on ADTV nairrk 0 450 11-13-2020, 09:20 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: Malgudi days & Fitness studio Channel numbers shifted by ADTV nairrk 0 575 11-05-2020, 10:16 AM
  Update: Channel Numbers changed nairrk 0 541 04-03-2019, 09:30 AM
  Update: List of Charges / Services available on Your TV Screen nairrk 0 661 07-27-2017, 09:36 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel Tv - Change of Channel Numbers nairrk 5 4,878 11-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Mr.Bhat
  Check in Channel Numbers nairrk 3 1,170 03-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: syam
  DTH News: Updated Airtel contact Numbers nairrk 1 973 01-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Last Post: waheedaup
  DTH News: Change of Channel numbers of English Movie Channels. nairrk 8 1,861 02-06-2014, 10:14 AM
  Breaking News: Movies Now is Now available in Full Screen on ADTV. Deep.S 0 888 12-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Deep.S
  Revision in Channel Numbers(Sahara One & Colors) nairrk 2 1,022 10-29-2013, 10:43 AM