Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Windows XP Mainstream Support Ends April 14, 2009 Deadline also valid for Office 2003
Advertisement
On April 14, 2009, Microsoft plans to cut off mainstream support for Windows XP and Office 2003. As a consequence, both products will move in the Extended support phase, which will last for the next five years. The Redmond company is of course using the opportunity in order to stress the importance of upgrades to the latest releases for its main cash cows. Still, the end of mainstream support is not synonymous with completely severing the lifeline of Office 2003 and Windows XP. In fact, both products will continue to be supported until 2014, although the updates provided to customers running the two
products will be less diversified.

“Microsoft’s standard support policies dictate that mainstream support will provide free fixes for security and bugs for the life of the product. Mainstream support usually lasts 5 years after which the product would enter a period known as ‘extended support’,” revealed Viral Tarpara, Microsoft IT Pro evangelist. “’Extended Support’ is only provided to customers who have signed support contracts with Microsoft. While Microsoft will continue to provide security fixes for a product for free, any bug fixes or non-security hot fixes will require extended support contracts.”

The following Windows XP SKUs are affected by the mainstream support cut-off: Home Editions, Media Center Edition, XP Professional (both 32-bit and 64-bit), as well as the Tablet PC Edition. Essentially, Microsoft will offer free security updates for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) until 2014. Office 2003 SKUs affected are: Basic Edition, Professional Edition, Small Business Edition, Standard Edition, Student and Teacher Edition. Extended support for both XP and Office 2003 ends 08/04/2014.

“Naturally, Microsoft wants few people on these types of support contracts as possible, promoting that customers should consider upgrading. Upgrading, however, isn’t always an option so getting extended support is a good way to cover the needs of an enterprise. SMB markets won’t be affected too much by this because they don’t typically do a lot of heavy customization and integration work like enterprises. For what it’s worth, Windows XP and Office 2003 have had a great run,” Tarpara added.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 FINAL can be downloaded via this link.

Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers
Checked Build
ISO-9660 CD Image File

Office 2003 SP3 is available as a standalone download via this link.

Service Pack 3

Thanks given by:
Advertisement
i am having one doubt
i already visited MS website
there they mentioned dont download SP3 if u are updating for a single system
But i buyed PC just 8 months back and also having net for few months so my XP is not correctly updated
Can i download it for just my computer update ?
Is there any problems after updating ?
கந்தல் ஆனாலும் தாய் மடி போல் ஒரு சுகம் வருமா.....வருமா...
சொர்க்கம் சென்றாலும் சொந்த ஊர் போல் சுதந்திரம் வருமா.... வருமா ...
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General News: Windows 10 gets new virtual keyboard with emojis nairrk 0 76 09-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: nairrk
  General News: New bug in Windows 10 can harm SSDs; Here's how to fix it nairrk 0 103 08-31-2020, 07:53 AM
  General News: WhatsApp Web gets Facebook Messenger Rooms support: Here’s how to use nairrk 0 129 08-01-2020, 07:33 AM
  General News: Windows 10 May 2020 update starts rolling out: What's new, How to download and more nairrk 0 206 05-28-2020, 01:49 PM
  General News: Microsoft Windows 10 May 2019 Update announced; will put you in control of updates nairrk 0 602 04-06-2019, 11:47 AM
  General News: WhatsApp is rolling out Stickers support for Android, iOS and web nairrk 0 713 10-25-2018, 10:49 AM
  General News: Google Chrome 70 is rolling out for Windows, Mac, and Linux.. nairrk 0 729 10-18-2018, 06:39 PM
  General News: Microsoft Office 2019 released for Windows and Mac nairrk 0 671 09-25-2018, 12:33 PM
  General News: WhatsApp phases out support for iPhones running iOS 7 and older nairrk 0 655 09-20-2018, 04:22 PM
  General News: Google Duo for Android adds multi-device support, new interface for tablets nairrk 0 592 07-05-2018, 05:40 PM