Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst DTH operator. Period.
Advertisement
Hello,

Just thought of sharing my 2 cents on Reliance so that others don't get suckered like me. I am for more than 2 yrs a RDTV(DVR) customer(do not ask why I stayed with them for 2 yrs..I guess hope/laziness).

As everyone knows, their UI lags, no PIP, less HD channels, no Dolby 5.1(correct me if I am wrong).

I am not too much worried about price, but yes, would be good if their prices were not in PDF on their site. It's irritating to look at PDF's, wherein I can see others directly on the site.

Recently I moved to Reliance HD box as my DVR crashed and they did not had replacement(they said manufacturing stopped!!!). I was on the verge of moving to D2H, but at the last minute they gave me an offer for free HD box + free pack(max?) for 6 months. Till then I will wait and watch and see how it pans out in the next 6 months with other DTH's..and then buy someone better than RDTV.

I am not a techie in DTH world, so wouldn't go in the tech details All I know is that I need more HD channels to view when I reach home tired and better sound + great PQ(btw, PQ of DVR as per me was MUCH better than normal HD box). And of course a better and faster UI like TataSky HD.

Do NOT even think of going for RDTV in today's scenario Smile.

Regards,
Bryan
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
iam unable to change from reliance bcoz
1. i already paid 6500 for hddvr 2 years before
2. cannot afford to pay another 6000 for airtel hd dvr
3. though the packages are worst in reliance alacarte they r cheap..
however
i will shift in 24 hours if airtel offers me a refund by recharge/ exchange offer for 2000 r.s or 1 year pack free for 6000..
coming to users experience i feel airtel is best, though dish and videocon gives max. channels..

(11-11-2012, 10:09 PM)bryanlikesyou Wrote: Hello,

Just thought of sharing my 2 cents on Reliance so that others don't get suckered like me. I am for more than 2 yrs a RDTV(DVR) customer(do not ask why I stayed with them for 2 yrs..I guess hope/laziness).

As everyone knows, their UI lags, no PIP, less HD channels, no Dolby 5.1(correct me if I am wrong).

I am not too much worried about price, but yes, would be good if their prices were not in PDF on their site. It's irritating to look at PDF's, wherein I can see others directly on the site.

Recently I moved to Reliance HD box as my DVR crashed and they did not had replacement(they said manufacturing stopped!!!). I was on the verge of moving to D2H, but at the last minute they gave me an offer for free HD box + free pack(max?) for 6 months. Till then I will wait and watch and see how it pans out in the next 6 months with other DTH's..and then buy someone better than RDTV.

I am not a techie in DTH world, so wouldn't go in the tech details All I know is that I need more HD channels to view when I reach home tired and better sound + great PQ(btw, PQ of DVR as per me was MUCH better than normal HD box). And of course a better and faster UI like TataSky HD.

Do NOT even think of going for RDTV in today's scenario Smile.

Regards,
Bryan

Thanks given by:
same experience for me also very very wrost dth in dvr update also is not there very bad exp
ya same exp no software update no channels nothing very b wrostad very
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IDF Exclusive: As part of limited period promotion, CNBC TV18 channel will be available to Value onw adithya 0 749 01-23-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: adithya
  DTH News: Indian DTH operator launches live music VOD Sathish 1 1,799 11-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Arjun