Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many channels I can record
Advertisement
how many channels can I record and see simultaneously on airtel digital tv HD Recorder.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
one channel is recording and one channel for watching....
and watching channel also record it....
so 2 channels are simultaneously on airtel digital tv HD Recorder
Thanks given by:
Seems you have a HD STB and not DVR. If you are going to record through USB (provided you have all the setting done), then only one programme you can record and not possible to watch any other channels whilst recording a particular channel/programme.

Whereas in DVR there are two cables coming from LNB to STB and as such you can record two programmes or record one and watch other programme etc.
(08-20-2012, 01:55 PM)nairrk Wrote: Seems you have a HD STB and not DVR. If you are going to record through USB (provided you have all the setting done), then only one programme you can record and not possible to watch any other channels whilst recording a particular channel/programme.

Whereas in DVR there are two cables coming from LNB to STB and as such you can record two programmes or record one and watch other programme etc.

thank you both of you . very good information. I also bough HD STB only in May 2012. I see a usb port to the back of the box. but what is the procedure. can you explain. thanks in advancae
Thanks given by:
Recording on HD STB is not successful to all but some are getting it.(some getting error code).

I am not 100pct sure (I dont have a HD STB to test this procedure), but try this:

-Activate 'Recording Top Up' (from Airtel CC)
-Format 4 GB Pen Drive

Then, on the remote:

-press ''Guide'' button
-then. press ''Info'' button.
-press OK button
-you will get 3 options shown on your Tv i.e. Watch, Record, Series link
-chose ''Record'' option..
-press OK button

Try record any programme.!!

(09-05-2012, 10:30 AM)nairrk Wrote: Recording on HD STB is not successful to all but some are getting it.(some getting error code).

I am not 100pct sure (I dont have a HD STB to test this procedure), but try this:

-Activate 'Recording Top Up' (from Airtel CC)
-Format 4 GB Pen Drive

Then, on the remote:

-press ''Guide'' button
-then. press ''Info'' button.
-press OK button
-you will get 3 options shown on your Tv i.e. Watch, Record, Series link
-chose ''Record'' option..
-press OK button

Try record any programme.!!

thank u. useful. I got the message
usb drive connected but you have not subscribed to the recording funcionality.contact custosmer care
unquote

I shall contact CC
Thanks given by:
Yes, you have to talk to CC and activate the Recording Top Up. I think they will charge you Rs.49/- for this Top Up (whereas as it is free for Recorder STB's).!
(09-05-2012, 11:47 AM)nairrk Wrote: Yes, you have to talk to CC and activate the Recording Top Up. I think they will charge you Rs.49/- for this Top Up (whereas as it is free for Recorder STB's).!

as usual airtel CC do not read the messages sent to them,.routinely they send template replies telling me that recording can be done only with STB HD recorder blah blah. They do ot have answer to the question why USB port is available in the back panel of STB HD. how to tackle these guys?

Thanks given by:
As usual not all CC executives are aware of this USB recording matter/feature. So, suggest you keep calling them(as everytime new executives comes on line) and request them to activate the top up. This is what/how others have got the top up activated. Need patience when you deal with CC's.!:tired:
(09-05-2012, 03:50 PM)nairrk Wrote: As usual not all CC executives are aware of this USB recording matter/feature. So, suggest you keep calling them(as everytime new executives comes on line) and request them to activate the top up. This is what/how others have got the top up activated. Need patience when you deal with CC's.!:tired:

thank you. persistence is required in dealing with airtel cc and now cc replied
" forwarded your feedback regarding the progressive downloading has been forwarded to concern team." what is the new expression "progressive downloading"
I shall wait for the response of concerned team.

Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update: Airtel Digital TV Channels List rahul1117_kumar 278 117,453 Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Last Post: nairrk
  DTH Updates: Channels removed/not available on ADTV nairrk 0 68 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
  DTH Updates: 2 New channels added by ADTV nairrk 0 466 09-18-2020, 09:27 AM
  DTH Updates: Airtel removed 3 Promo channels and added one nairrk 0 106 09-15-2020, 09:32 AM
  DTH Updates: List of Pay and FTA channels from ADTV (Video) nairrk 0 281 08-30-2020, 11:14 AM
  DTH Updates: 2 Channels not available on ADTV nairrk 0 79 08-27-2020, 09:17 AM
  DTH Updates: 3 news channels removed by Airtel Digital TV nairrk 0 228 08-25-2020, 09:27 AM
  DTH Updates: All Kids channels at Rs.35/pm from ADTV nairrk 1 257 08-21-2020, 09:45 AM
  DTH Updates: Customer Care channel (999) explains how to Add/Drop Channels nairrk 0 105 08-16-2020, 09:28 AM
  DTH Updates: New Channels added by ADTV nairrk 0 96 08-15-2020, 09:53 AM