Advertisement

Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
sun direct in east africa
Advertisement
I am in sudan. Is it possible to get sun direct in this region. Pl advise me.
Thanks given by:
Advertisement
i don't think sun direct signals are available in east africa.............but you can use dreambox to watch them Smile
Thanks given by:
Murugan, cant rule out the chance for it. Coz, some of my friends live in middle east, including saudi arabia using sun direct there. Sudan is so close to saudi arabia and there is a chance for it. You may have to use a bigger dish (240cms or so) and try. I believe you guys can watch Sun/Asianet channels already there? isnt it?? so you can try the luck....

But dont take my words, and go for it. coz, nothing is sure.. you have to check with your colleagues or friends there, and make sure before buying it... :-)

best of luck....
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
sun direct is using the insat 4B satelite at 93.5 east ........its better if u can check the foot print area that can give u a good knowldge wheether it is possible to watch sd there or not. just check here http://www.lyngsat-maps.com.
Thanks given by:
is it legal to watch Sun Direct outside India ?
கந்தல் ஆனாலும் தாய் மடி போல் ஒரு சுகம் வருமா.....வருமா...
சொர்க்கம் சென்றாலும் சொந்த ஊர் போல் சுதந்திரம் வருமா.... வருமா ...
Thanks given by:
i dont think tht use of indian dth is legal ..............there in africa................but i m not totaly clear about that
Thanks given by:
Use of SD, or any DTH outside india is illegal. But many are using it for sure. No harm to the foreign governments, but they must be loosing coz the other providers in the area not getting customers.

Jillam, you are right about the footprint, and to check it out. But the footprint normally shows the as it only covers India.

That is the reason many in middle-east using bigger dishes to get the signal.

I can assure only one thing, the signal is clear for my close relative who live in middle east, and watching it fine. (Sun direct and Tata sky).

regards,
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.. for tomorrow never comes.. live today!!!
Thanks given by:
it covers north sudan
Thanks given by:
i am confused here as it is the ku band or c band foot print................
Thanks given by:
Apologiess......................... :-( yes, i didnt notice, it toooo........ while posting, It is C Band..... Ku band is showing as just covering India.,.........

Though the signal is available in Middle east... East Africa.. something someone should answer, or try out.. :-)
Thanks given by:
Advertisement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DTH Updates: Sky RR (Data) channel added on Sun Direct DTH Service Sathish 0 285 07-23-2020, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Sathish
  DTH Updates: PMT PID changed for News Nation channel on Sun Direct Sathish 1 205 07-23-2020, 11:01 AM
  IDF Exclusive: Sky OTA (Data) channel added on Sun Direct Sathish 1 250 07-10-2020, 10:38 PM
  DTH Updates: Sun Direct channels list with LCN as on 09-07-2020 Sathish 0 271 07-09-2020, 01:56 AM
  DTH Updates: FYI TV18 & FYI TV18 HD channels removed from Sun Direct Sathish 0 225 07-09-2020, 01:54 AM
  IDF Exclusive: ABP Ganga channel temporarily FTA on Sun Direct Sathish 0 196 07-06-2020, 09:53 PM
  DTH Updates: Onkar Only Truth channel changed to Data channel on Sun Direct Sathish 0 203 07-03-2020, 09:44 PM
  DTH Updates: Info Channel removed from Sun Direct Sathish 1 207 06-30-2020, 01:52 PM
  IDF Exclusive: Frequency wise channels list of Sun Direct as on 30-06-2020 Sathish 0 187 06-30-2020, 06:23 AM
  IDF Exclusive: Frequency wise Sun Direct Channels & Services List with LCN as on 28-06-2020 Sathish 0 185 06-28-2020, 06:10 AM